Is There a Product Similar to Juvederm, but Longer Lasting for Sensitive Skin?

I am very athletic, running up to six miles everyday. My skin is also very pale and prone to bruising. Sensitive, thin skin has been a major problem for me. Juvederm injections in my cheeks really helped, but results started dissipating within a couple of months and at 685CAD/syringe it ends up being way too much to repeat it so frequently. I have done a lot of reading about fat injections, but have been unable to locate an experienced doctor to inquire about it.

Juvederm vs. Radiesse for Cheek Enhancement...

+2

On your next visit, you may like to try Radiesse injections to your cheeks instead of Juvederm.  It is a completely different filler from Hyaluronic Acid.  Radiesse is Calcium Hydroxyapatite.  It is a little thicker than Juvederm and I have seen better results with cheek enhancements and happier patients. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Fat transfer and the newer biostimulants can replace tissue lost in thin faces for years of correction

+1

Fat transfer and the newer biostimulants can replace tissue lost in thin faces for years of correction. As thinning of the face makes younger people look old and older people look older, this is an excellent option for people who willnot gain weight.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Fillers

+1

Juvederm ultra lasts about six months maybe longer.  Perlane or juvederm ultra plus will last about nine months to a year.

Fillers for thin skin to last longer

+1

Fillers come in many varieties as do people. Your thin or sensitive skin does not say enough about the anatomy of your face and architecture of the three dimensional contour of the areas being treated. Radiesse will not last much longer than the Juvederm. Fat injections may need to be done several times as would Sculptra so this adds to the cost, and the latter two may be too thick for your needs.  Juvederm UltraPlus may last longer than Juvederm Ultra but it may be  too thick for supeficial layering. See a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is very experienced at fillers.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sculptra may be the filler for you

+1

Have you considered Sculptra injections instead of Juvederm?  It is classified as a medical device that stimulates collagen production by your own skin, which results in a longer lasting effect.  Radiesse is another option.  Neither is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler.  Each has a different mechanism that may allow for a longer correction duration.

Corey L. Hartman, MD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or Fat Injections for fuller Cheeks

+1

Fat grafting can provide permanent and natural looking results to the cheek or almost any area of the face that could benefit from added volume. If Juvederm has worked well for you has worked well for you but you want a lasting result you are probably an excellent candidate for fat grafting. 

For fat grafting to truly represent 'grafting', the grafted tissue must gain a blood supply in its new location which provides a source of oxygen and nutrients and allows the tissue to persist indefinitely. If the grafted fat does not acquire a blood supply in the first few weeks after surgery, the body will gradually break it down and dissolve it, and no long-term benefit will be achieved in terms of soft tissue augmentation. Successful fat grafting surgery therefore requires a great deal of focus and attention to detail, to ensure that the fat which is harvested is viable tissue (i.e. not damaged by the harvesting process), and that the fat is delivered in such a way that the potential for ingrowth of blood vessels is maximal. If this process of blood vessel ingrowth (neovascularization) does not occur, then the injected tissue cannot truly be considered a 'graft' and is instead just another 'soft tissue filler' of limited duration.

Look for a plastic surgeon with experience and expertise with fat grafting. Be sure to view photographs of patients who have retained results for a year or more. be sure to also speak to patients who have experienced fat grafting. Not all fat grafting is alike.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Cheeks

+1

I always use a "stimulatory filler" such as Radiesse or Sculptra for the cheeks to create lift and volume and never use Juvederm in this area. It is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers and "wrinkle" fillers. When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin beside the mouth, I will use a stimulatory filler such as Radiesse and/or Sculptra. They are injected more deeply, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are so effective, and give longer-lasting results too. I often combine Radiesse and Sculptra treatments for different areas of the face as I feel they each have certain advantages, when properly used, to fix specific problems due to volume loss.
I use Juvederm and Restylane as wrinkle fillers because they are injected more superficially, being injected in the skin, rather than beneath it. They work best for plumping up thinning lips, filling wrinkle lines on the lips, and for treatment of mild to moderate wrinkle lines on the face. I frequently see patients who have had Juvederm or Restylane injected beneath the skin to treat volume loss and are unhappy that the results seemed to have lasted only a few months.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Longer lasting Injectable filler than Juvederm

+1

I used an injectable filler called Beautical. Beautical is approved in Canada and depending on which vial you choose can either last up to 2 years or 5 years. It's a great product for patients who don't want to come in every 6 months for treatment, but want the same results for fullness.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for Cheek Enhancement

+1

For cheek enhancement, you could also consider Radiesse which last 12 months or more, or Sculptra, which lasts even longer.  Neither are hyaluronic acid filers, but both work very  well and have long track records.  Start by visiting their websites and then find an experienced injector.  Best of luck.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD
Frisco Dermatologist

Juvéderm is very well tolerated and long lasting, and more predictable than fat transfer

+1

In my experience of several thousand syringes, Juvéderm Ultra XC and Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC are the longest lasting and best tolerated HA [hyaluronic acid] fillers on the market. Like other HA fillers, they have the great safety advantage of being reversible within minutes or hours by injection of hyaluronidase [which dissolves the HA filler] if there is a problem like inflammation, overfilling, or blockage of a blood vessel. Very rare problems, but it is nice to know that they can be quickly and easily remedied if they arise.

Juvéderm is much more predictable than fat transfer.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon