Which Product of Restylane is Best for Tear Troughs?

I want to get Restylane injection for my tear troughs, I enquired 2 hospitals, one recommend me to do Jovederm and one said Restylane. finally I choose to get Restylane instead of Jovederm. but then they offer me different kinds of Restylane products, I wonder which one is the best for tear troughs: 1. Restylane Touch 0.5ml 2. Restylane 1 ml 3. Restylane Vital Light 4. Restylane Sub Q any info will be appreciated. thanks a lot!

Restylane or Juvederm for tear troughs

+2

This is an excellent question. I prefer Restylane over Juvederm in the tear trough, but other doctors may have different opinions about this. Juvederm is more hydrophillic than Restylane, which means it absorbs water and expands in volume. This means that 1cc of Juvederm will add more volume than 1cc of Restylane. For this reason, I prefer Juvederm in the nasolabial folds and cheeks where you usually want to add a lot of volume.

In the tear trough, there is little margin for error and the area will look puffy if there is even a little too much filler. When using Juvederm in the tear trough, you need to undercorrect to allow room for the Juvederm to expand. The exact amount of expansion is sometimes hard to predict. Restylane does not tend to expand very much. In general, what you see while injecting is close to the final result. This makes it a lot easier to get a very good result in the tear trough area without undercorrection or overcorrection. I use "regular" Restylane only and dont have experience with the SubQ, Touch or Vital Light products.

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon