Pretique - Is It Supposed to Be Something Like Botox?

Do you know anything about the product Pretique ?

Pretique...Not So Pretty!

+2

Hi,

Pretique is a website based in Calgary, Canada that sells bogus Botox and facial fillers along with instructions on how to inject one's self.  The last web site like this run by a woman in the US is closed down and the woman is serving time in prison.  I would strongly recommend that people not inject unregulated neuromodulators (Botox-like substances) or unknown fillers into themselves or their friends.  It is kind of like, "Here is a knife, now take out your appendix".  If not already, there will be horror stories about Pretique before the site gets shut down.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Over the Counter, Do It Yourself Botox

+2

Here we have an over the counter, do it yourself Botox simulator. What's next a kit with instruments and instructions on how to do your own breast biopsy!

We physicians are inundated with faxes to purchase cheaper Botox abroad. The prices are temptingly low, but I have not given into these financial seductions. Why? Fear that the product is not genuine, that my patients might be harmed.

For similar reasons, I would not recommend buying a product such as this. Some of the claims sound silly, "unbiased neurologic studies" showing equal or greater efficacy to Botox.

Who is making the product? How is it being shipped? Self-injection? Injecting others means one is practicing without a license. Self-injecting without experience? Gosh, that seems like begging for some weird looks. I thought the National Enquirer had cornered the market on Botox disasters. Oh yeah, that's with celebrities. And that's with high priced Beverly Hills physician injectors. Amateur, self injectors can do better. Huh?

Why is the price so low? $180 a vial with all the parapharnalia one needs. Allergan sells this for $525.

This sounds like another bogus internet scam. But, I must admit, having never tried this on a patient or paying for a chemical analysis, I cannot be more helpful than this.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Looked it up

+2

I had not heard of this so I looked it up. If a physician has to look up a product sold on line for SELF injection- this would not be medically advisable.

Germantown Dermatologist

Pretique

+1

This is not approved in the U.S. Injecting yourself with this is taking a gamble, as the company is not being held to the standards of the FDA.  Furthermore, you are in reality practicing medicine without a license should you be injecting a botunlinum toxin. Why would you take a chance with a potentially serious and even fatal complication when you don't know the quality standards that are being used and quality assurance checks are involved with this product? See a doctor who has the knowledge of the anatomy to get your Botox done right.

Like Botox? Can't tell.

+1

As far as I can tell, this product is not FDA approved for use in the US. To date there are no FDA approved botulinum products that have been recommended for self-injection.

My recommendation would be to stick to Dysport or Botox Cosmetic injected by a licensed medical professional.  

Seattle General Surgeon