Which is the Best Product for Oily Skin?

Hello! I want to ask you for a quality wash product, no matter the price. After my treatment with Roaccutane, acne disappeared, it left scars that I hope over time to fade. Oily skin slowly returning. My idea is to buy a product with which to wash my skin and that is something as maintenance therapy. If you have suggestions, I will be happy to hear them, this is a request for advice. The treatment lasted 5 months at 40mg per day + 1.5 months at 20mg per day.

Products for oily skin

+1

There is a new professional skin cleansing system from Olay ProX which is used in conjunction with the ProX oscillating cleansing rotary brush which is a very thorough cleansing combination.  Afterwards the application of OC8 matifying gel (Biopelle) helps to absorb oil all day.

Miami Dermatologist

Topical treatments for oily skin

+1

It is helpful to continue treatments with a topical retinoid after finishing a course of Accutane.  Retinoids help maintain remission of acne.  They also help control oiliness of the skin.

Glycolic acid cleansers help control the oil as well.

After Accutane treatment is finished, however, the skin is very sensitive and easily irritated.  I recommend starting the retinoids a month after finishing Accutane at twice a week at nighttime, and slowly increasing the applications to every night.

Use an oil-free, non-comedogenic sunscreen daily, as topical retinoids do make the skin more sensitive to the sun.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

A Few Choices for Oil Skin

+1

Neutragena has an excellent product in Fresh Foaming Cleanser. It is effective and inexpensive. A bit more expensive would be the Neostrata's Antibacterial Facial Cleanser. You could also use their Exuviance Clear and Smooth afterwards. These are all excellent for maintenance and the latter has some anti-aging benefits. 

Regards to Borisov.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.