Can Restylane Migrate from the Injection Site?

I had Restylane injections a week ago just below the outer corner areas of my mouth. Both sides on the outside look fine, however yesterday - 6 days after the injections, a lump (yellowish in tone) appeared on the inside of my mouth. Today that lump has tripled in size and is now on my lip as well. I can see it, even with my mouth closed. What happened? Is the product "migrating" or is my body having some sort of weird reaction or what? How do I get this corrected? It looks,strange like I have a tumor.

Restylane and lump

+1

Usually injection of filler stays within the palce it is injected. It does not migrate. I would make an appointment with your doctor to see what this yellowish lump is.

New bump after restylane

+1

There could be a few reasons to see a new bump after Restylane in the mucosa of your lip after it was injected at the corners. It may squeeze during the procedure to adjacent areas but it doesn't tend to migrate. You should see your doctor who injected it as your yellow lump may be an unrelated condition, such as an oil gland buidlup or infection.

Ronald Shelton, MD