Which product in your opinion is better for tear troughs, restylane or beletero?

Belotero verus Restylane for Tear Trough area under Eyes

+2
I am asked this question every single day.  I like both products for injections but Belotero has less risk of the Tyndall effect - meaning that there is less chance for the product to appear blue under the skin.  If someone is coming just for tear troughs I usually use Belotero in these patients.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with experience in injections for the best cosmetic results.

Restylane vs Belotero for eyelid hollows

+2
Both Restylane and Belotero are likely the best options for filling of the hollows around the eyes. They are both made of hyaluronic acid gel and retain very little water which means less swelling. Also, they are both reversible.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Belotero vs. Restylane for Tear Troughs

+1
Personally, I have found that both fillers work well underneath the eyes but my preference is to use Restylane. It has a smooth consistency and lower extrusion pressure. I find it easier to inject underneath the eyes. Both fillers are composed of hyaluronic acid and can last approximately 12-18 months. I use microcannulas when injecting filler to limit the chance of bruising and make the procedure more comfortable. Good luck with your procedure. I hope this helped.

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero vs Restylane

+1
I like Belotero for the tear troughs.  It is a thinner, less viscous product, therefore usually appears less bumpy under the skin.  Restylane is also an option, but I typically reserve this for people with very deep troughs.
A consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon is recommended.

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

It is not the filler, it is the Filler

+1
I have seen good and bad results with both these products. Even Juvederm, which is traditionally considered the least favorite because it absorbs more water than the others, can give good results in the right hands. The trick is to hydrate the filler BEFORE injection to reduce swelling later, and to inject under the muscle along the orbital rim, above the septum. Finally, I do this area over 2-3 sessions rather than to do complete correction on the first try because that risks over-correction.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Restylane vs Belotero under eyes

+1
I think that both are equally good for tear trough injections. If done well, either one can give excellent results.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

I line voluma better

+1
There is a new product from allergen that is better for tear trough. It is similar to juvaderm but higher concentration and less swelling 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon