Product Advice for Acne-prone, Oily Skin

What product would you advise for oily skin that is prone to acne breakouts?

Oily Skin Solution

+1

.Our hormones trigger the production of sebum from the sebaceous glands. No topical application can turn off these hormones. My advise is to avoid topicals which have oil or emollients in them. Make sure any cream, ointment or lotion has "for oily skin" emblazoned on it. Generally, gels are going to be better for oily skin.

To absorb the oil on your skin,you might invest in a clay mask. Skinceuticals, Bioeleminets, Oil of Olay and Neutragena all have nice clay masks. Be Fine throws in some pomegranite and arnica into their clay mask

As a cleanser for oily skin I like Neo Strata Oily Skin Solution. This has a nice glycolic acid formulation. The glycolic acid is at 8% and does well in controlling sebum. For more tolerant skin MD Forte Facial Cleanser III and Sundari Lemon Cleanser have good formulations.

Hope this helps.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist