Best Procedures Without Lower Body Lift? (photo)

I do not want a lower body lift and am seeking other procedures which will provide the best results for my legs. I am 44 and have lost 100+lbs w/exercise and diet. I currenly weigh 170lbs, 5'7". My upper body is very disproportionate to my lower body (chest 36", waist 30", hips 39", thighs 23, calfs 16.5"). Even at 125lbs. I had large fat areas at inner knees. I have no loose skin in my back area (belt) rather this is from the buttocks down. Is lipo and a thigh lift feasible, any specialist?

Leg surgery

+1

Medial thigh lifts can be performed either with a crescent removal of with a  vertical excision  along the medial aspect of the leg.

Other options besides bodylift?

+1

Based on your photos it looks like a medial thigh lift and some limited liposuction might improve your inner thigh cellulite and loose skin. For the outer thigh, an outer thigh lift with or without the tummy (extended tummy tuck) might help some of the anterior and lateral cellulite. See a plastic surgeon and consider the options they provide. Good luck, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Lateral Thighs Most Improved with Lower Body Lift

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  From your photos you have skin laxity and contour irregularities of the medial, anterior and lateral thighs.  You would benefit most from debulking liposuction of the thighs combined with an extended medial thighplasty.  You will not get complete correction around the knees, but this combination is very effective in restoring thigh contour after weight loss.  Best Wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for thighs

+1

If the excess skin and fat in your thighs is a concern, then you may benefit from a medial thigh lift procedure.   Lipocontouring can also be added as an adjunctive procedure during your thigh lift depending on your anatomy.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Liposuction with Medial Thigh Lift

+1

I would suggest leg liposuction to be combined with an inner or medial thigh lift.  The area of liposuction should be concentrated around the area that is going to be removed, specifically the inner thigh. The incision would go from the inner thigh to the inner knee;  basically, the scar would follow the inseam of a pair of pants.  Technically, the inner thigh lift surgery can be difficult to perform;  I would look for an experienced plastic surgeon specializing in inner thigh lifts in weight loss patients.

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Treatment of the thighs after weight loss

+1

Thanks for your question.  A lower body lift will not address the inner or front part of the thighs.  A lower body lift will improve the lateral thigh area and torso but not the inner thigh.  The inner and front thighs are best treated with a medial thigh lift with liposuction.  In this surgery the excess tissue of the inner thigh and front of the thigh is removed using an incision in the "inseam" area of the thigh.  Liposuction can be done in addition to further improve the contouring.  Check in your area for a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring after weight loss.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Best procedure for my thighs

+1

A lower body lift will not really address your issue.

A thigh lift with some liposuction, perhaps in two stages is your best option. The incisions will probably have to include a long vertical incision along the inner surface of the thighs and well as a horizontal incision in the upper thigh. These decisions are hard to make based on photos alone, but require an in-person exam.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Alternatives to lower body lift for the legs

+1

A lower body lift is not necessarily the best option in your case.  However, as I am sure that you suspect, there is no quick fixes or short cuts to correct this problem.  I think that you would benefit from a combination of  lateral thigh lift and a medial thigh lift.  A lateral thigh lift involves placing a scar high up on the hip at the belt line.  The medial thigh lift in your case would require a hockey stick like scar that runs from your groin crease medially then downward towards your knee.  This surgery almost always involves liposuction as an  adjunct.  

Thanks for the question and best of luck,

Dr. Hargrave

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon