Are There Procedures Available to Widen Temple?

What's the best procedure for widening the temples next to the eyes and the side of the forehead slightly above the eyes?

Injectable Fillers and Fat Transfer work very well for the temples

+2

With aging, there is generally a loss of volume in the face, with certain areas being more affected than others. Experts often characterize this change in the face as the transformation from a "grape to a raisin" or a "heart-shape to a rectangle". A greater understanding of this phenomenon has led to the increasing popularity of facial fillers and fat transfer over the past several years as complements to traditional lifting techniques.

The temples are truly an under-appreciated area of volume loss and the restoration of their fullness can be quite rejuvenating. Radiesse, Juvederm, and Restylane are excellent injectable products for filling the temples. These products are safely and effectively injected in the office setting with minimal discomfort and short recovery periods. In my experience, the results typically last between 9 and 18 months, depending on the product chosen. These procedures represent a cost-effective (and reversible, in the case of Restylane and Juvederm) approach to facial rejuvenation.

Fat harvested from liposuction of the thighs, buttocks, flanks or belly can also be injected in the temples and other areas of the face to restore volume. The advantage of fat transfer is that the fat which "takes" gives the patient a permanent improvement. This procedure is performed in the operating room under sedation or general anesthesia. The choice of technique is an individual one which you and your physician would make after a thorough consultation.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temporal hollows

+1

I would agree with the vast majority of my colleagues who recommend the use of microfat grafting (possible multiple sessions). As others have stated, I would defer the use of implants except for significant volume loss most commonly seen with trauma and temporalis muscle injury or craniofacial deformity.

Temporalis implants to widen temple

+1

There are temporalis implants that can be placed in the temporal area. However, they will be quite hard and palpable. Another option would be fat injections or dermal fillers.

Widening the temples

+1

There are two rather easy methods to widen the temples. The first is a non surgical, Sculptura. This is an injectable and typically requires three series of injections/  The second would be autologous fat which is a surgical procedure. I feel it would be too easy to try the Sculptura first. 

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Widening the temples

+1

Under most circumstances, the temples don't get much attention.  However, if you want more volume there, the first thing to try is microfat grafting.  Prosthetic implants can also be used but require more invasive surgery for their insertion. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Widening / Filling of the Temples

+1

Increasing depth and prominence of the temples is seen with significant weight loss, aging and occasionally muscle paralysis. Filling of the area is best done with fat grafting. In cases of massive wasting, serial grafting procedures may be required OR a POREX implant may be used.

Dr. P. Aldea