What Procedures Would I Need to Get the Outcome I Desire? (photo)

The digital editing, in the after photo, is done on my eyes and nose. I lifted the left eye to make it more symmetrical then I reduced the size of my nose significantly. What are a list of procedures that could give me the same or similar results? Orbital contouring?? Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty and Canthoplasty

+2

You are simulating the results of a rhinoplasty and a laterl lowe eyelid canthoplasty. Based on your facial structure, your lower eyelid lacks full support leading to a lower position. Seek an in person consultation to see whether you are a good candidate.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty will give you most of the improvement.

+2

The quality of the photos is not great, but I can see what you want.

I don't think the assymetry of your eyes is that striking to others, and some assymetry can be attractive.

The change in you nose makes much more of a difference from my perspective.

Correcting the level of the eye may need significant change in the orbital shape, removing bone above and adding it below. If you had trauma in the past with loss of fat volume this may be simpler

I would stick to the rhinoplasty.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

What Procedures Would I Need to Get the Outcome I Desire?

+1

The refinement of the nose is a reasonable goal, but the lifting of the eye is not a surgery that is generally performed for cosmesis as it has a huge complication profile.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Virtual imaging for rhinoplasty

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would be the most  beneficial procedure.  A rhinoplasty procedure would involve narrowing the bridge with osteotomies, and the tip would be narrowed by suturing the cartilages together and a possible conservative removal of cartilage. Please see the link below for noses  similar to your own who have undergone a rhinoplasty in our practice.   Virtual rhinoplasty software is also available on our website for you to give a better perspective of what can be accomplished with rhinoplasty

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/widenasal_photos07.html

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc.

+1

A rhinoplasty to refine your bulbous tip and to thin the width of your nose is what is indicated to do what you have shown your photographs. It's difficult to tell from the photographs about the upper third of your face but a slight fore head lift may be indicated on better pictures.

Simulator results

+1

are never reliable since working with tissue is not the same as photo editing.  You simply need to choose a local surgeon with good experience in noses and eyes and schedule your consultation and invest in second opinions if there is any uncertainty.

Rhinoplasty Would Be Best Procedure for This Patient's Desired Result

+1

Hi Meghan,

I would advise you to begin with a rhinoplasty and most likely your eyes will not bother you.  The best noses "get out of the way" of the eyes, and are not the main focus of the face.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.