What Procedures Would You Suggest for This Acne Scars?

Hi, i have an oily and sensitive skin I have acne scarring on my left and right cheek I am thinking of doing CO2 laser for these scars In your experts opinions, what is the best way to get rid of these scars? Will they go away completely? And also what to do before and after the procedures? Thank you very much

Treatment for Acne Scars

+1

Thank you for your question. If you skin produces a lot of oil, I would recommend some retinoid product or even photodynamic therapy for several weeks to decrease the excess oil. But first, obtain an evaluation to see the degree of scarring and therapy alternatives to consider given your skin type. Lasers will be the best option along with possibly surgical treatment.  You should seek the recommendations of a board certified dermatologist or a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and treating various skin types.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Hello

+1
If you go to a plastic surgeons office you have a few options for acne scars. There is micro laser peel and pro fractional laser and even a mini facelift to stretch out the skin and make the acne scars fade.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Treatment of Acne Scars

+1

The first step is to treat any active acne that can still be causing problems and there are a number of topical medications and light therapies to do this.  When there are actually depressions or scars in the skin it is a whole different set of therapies. 

The treatment of scars is typically and combination based on what type of scarring you have. This is what works best for me.   For flatter, wider scars, subcision with filler is best.  For severe, deep ice pick scars either excision or local, strong chemical peel is helpful.  I typically combine these "spot" treaments with a laser treatment.  In that regard, it is not so much the type of laser (CO2 or erbium) but that it is fractionated (delivered in little columns) and the experience of the doctor. This helps with skin texture.  Some patients have color (red or brown) associated with the scarring and that needs to be treated as well.  My experience is approximately 50% overall improvement and that is what I tell my patients.

Of course, an in person consultation is mandatory for accurate assessment and recommendations.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Clinical Results for Acne Scars in my Experience

+1

Acne scar treatment, I believe should begin with reducing acne outbreaks with meds. In my experience, I have found that multiple treatments spaced 3-6 months apart yield optimal results.

If the patient's skin will tolerate a CO2 Fractional, this would help to resurface and retexturizes the skin. Smoothing out scars while improving pigment changes.

If budget will allow, my best results are obtained with:

1.Subcision of the depressed Acne Scars (elevates depressed skin)

2.Fat Grafting with PRP to sub Q layer (adds growth factors and stimulates collagen production, while adding volume)

3.CO2 Fractional Laser Treatments or TCA Peels ( smooths, polishes, brightens, & builds collagen is superficial skin layers)

You would need to be evaluated to customize your therapy by a plastic or cosmetic surgeon to begin your care. Good Luck, M.Lyons, MD

Michael B. Lyons, MD, FACS
Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scarring is best treated with lasers, injections, and peels

+1

I have been treating acne scars for almost 20 years.  The best combination is either a series of injections of restylane into the depressions followed by lasers or peels.  Fraxel is amazing if the scars are deep or superficial.  The only hesitation is that your skin needs to be type I to III.  If you have darker complexion then you may utilize the V-beam for any redness and a series of chemical peels for the acne scars.

Michele S. Green, MD

Acne Scarring in the Cheeks

+1

Well the best way is to actually see your scars through pictures or in person. I would need this to better give you an answer. But in general I believe in a mutlilayered approach with combining with co2 laser resurfacing.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

CO2 laser for acne scaring

+1

CO2 Laser is a very effective way to treat fine lines, wrinkles, scaring and overall resurfacing of the skin. It may not, however, be the best option for you. Different skin tones need to be treated differently for optimal result and to avoid further complication. My recommendation is for you to be seen and evaluated by a board certified Plastic surgeon or Dermatologist in your area. They will design a treatment that is best for your skin.
Best of luck

Steve Laverson, MD

Procedures for Acne Scars

+1

Acne scars can be a tough problem, but there are different treatments available depending on the types of scars you have and your skin type.  Without seeing you in person it is almost impossible to give you medically sound advice.  Even photos do not give a 3 dimensional image of your scars.  Please see a Dermatologist in your area to be evaluated in person.  I wish you good luck.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist