What Procedures Would You Suggest? (photo)

I understand that aconsultation is best but I'm not sure I have the guts to go there yet. I'm 29, 3 children, 120lbs and an AA cup. Natural birth and breastfed. My major complaint is my breasts, though I'd like to have my stomach again which may be attainable through exercise. My breasts have killed my self esteem. I've no confidence. I hate seeing myself naked, and hate letting my husband see me naked. I would like to know what would be recommended to bring back some confidence in my life. :)

Many options in a mommy makeover

+2

You would do well with an augmentation, though you may desire a breast lift in conjunction for more lasting results. What to do in your abdomen is very, very dependant on an exam and could be something as easy to tolerate as coolsculpting, to something more complex like a mini tummy tuck.

Please understand that your anxiety about a consultation is perfectly normal. No one comes to a plastic surgeon's office to show off (until after their procedure). I see people all day who are unhappy or embarrassed about things. To my staff and I, a huge part of the consultation is making you feel comfortable with the process.

Dr. Pyle

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

What Procedures Would You Suggest?

+2

Vandalous,

What procedures will help you regain your self esteem? This is the real question. You need to decide what you really want. If you improve your breasts and see the pouching belly will you be happy? It may be like redoing the upper kitchen cabinets and leaving the lower ones with the peeling paint and the stains. Once the uppers are done the lowers will be glaring at you in contrast. Hence the Mommy Make Over! You need to sit down with a board certified plastic surgeon and go over all your concerns and options. Looking at the photos but without knowing your expectations, desires etc. You need a breast lift (nipples are lower than your breast crease) and an enlargement (usually with an implant) Your abdomen is partially covered by your clothes and it appears you may have a bit of loose skin and overhang and I can't tell if your abdomen is fully relaxed. Chances are you need a tummy tuck but you could opt for less (a mini or liposuction only) realizing these will not entirely flatten you because in all likelihood you suffer from "rectus diastasis", loose skin and fatty deposits after 3 children which means your muscle structure of your abdomen is stretched out like an old nylon stocking and no amount of just fat suctioning or exercises in the gym is going to tighten it! Best guess anything less than this and you will not be a happy camper. You do these with the right surgeon and you will look spectacular!

William Aiello, MD

Newport Beach, CA

William Aiello, MD

Breast

+2

You could opt for implants, however, we have seen an amazing increase in fat grafting to the breasts by which we harvest the fat from various parts of the body through liposuction  and give the breast a very natural fullness and look that is desired without the maintenance of an implant.  At the same time you get rid of stubborn fat depots which cannot be exercised away.  Implants are no longer the only options for fuller and more youthful breasts

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

What procedures do you suggest?

+2

Suggesting what procedures would benefit you most is unwise without an examination and a conversation with you about what exactly you want to accomplish, what your expectations are, what you are willing to go through, and the risks, limitations and tradeoffs of all your options. As an example, a classic breast lift might give you the best shaped breast - but are you willing to have the scars necessary, and take the small risk of having bad scars? You are the senior partner in the partnership with your Plastic Surgeon. Be willing to fully educate yourself about the options, risks, etc. and then take responsibility for your choices. Don't rely on your Plastic Surgeon to choose for you, but he/she can help guide you to make the best decision to get your best possible result. Best of luck! You can look better than ever!

George Weston, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+2

I think you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation from the pictures. It is hard to tell but your abdomen doesn't look bad at all. Maybe some lipo. Maybe minitummy tuck. Exercise may help. I think the breast augmentation  alone will help your self esteem the most.

Glenn Lyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

What Procedures Would You Suggest?

+1

Although an exam would be necessary, I think that breast augmentation coupled with liposuction of the lower abdomen would produce a very nice improvement with minimal scarring. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Implants should restore your fullness

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation, you breast appear deflated and an implant should restore a more youthful appearance. I cannot tell from the poto bu you may need some skin tightening as well in the breast. Your abdomen can be improved with liposuction and minimal scarring. Alternatively a tummy tuck would make the abdomen tight but you would have the trade off of a scar in the bikini line.  Good luck.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Simultaneous lift

+1

Your breasts are ptotic from pregnancies and you would benefit from a lift at the time of augmentation.  Using a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, implants can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications.  Since your volume is asymmetrical, you would need different size implants on each side.  If you do not want implants, the other alternative would be to reduce the larger breast or use fat injections on the smaller breast but you would also require a simultaneous lift. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Procedures

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.   I can understand how it takes time to visit a plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.    This is the beauty of social media, in that it allows patients to acquire the information they find most important, in helping them justify or make a decision.  

You will know when and if the decision is right to proceed with plastic surgery, there is often not a lot of grey area in the decision tree.   Based on your photos, I would recommend a Primary Dual Plan Submuscular Breast Augmentation followed by liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and hips.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Treatment plan

+1

Based on your photos alone, I would likely suggest a breast augmentation.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS