What procedures can reduce/eliminate a laser scar on chin? (Photo)

About 1.5 years ago I had a laser photo-facial, conducted by an M.D., who also tried to laser the beard on left side of chin near corner of lips. I was left with an open seeping sore and a curled gash from corner of lip outward back across lower chin about 2-3 in long that is now hyper-pigmented and which I now embarrassingly cover with makeup. I never sued the doctor and he continues to avoid me to restore the area. Are there any treatments/procedures that can help me?

Scarring on chin

+1
From the original photo to the 5 mo post, it's actually a pretty great recovery, considering what it was. Since this photo is 5 mo post, I'm more curious as to how it's resolved now at 1.5 years. Often, scarring gets better and better with time. If you can provide a current photo, that would help, but to be general: because of scar tissue, most likely a fractional laser device would be best. The Invasix Fractora system is great because it can treat small or large areas without leaving lines of discoloration or color changes from untreated areas to the treated areas. Collagen development can take upwards of 6 months after a treatment, but from what I've seen, especially with scarring, the results are incomparable to other machines.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."