What Procedures Would Be Recommended to Achieve an Hourglass Look?

I am not happy with my body shape with my torso being the biggest area of dissatisfaction. Loose, saggy skin with hanging over my abdomen and "rolls" on my back. I am interested in a curvy, hourglass look. What procedure or combination of procedures would you recommend to achieve the look I desire?

Hourglass Figure?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The operation that is “best"  for you will be  based on your exact goals and physical examination. For example, “seeking a hourglass figure” may mean different things to different people;  communication with your plastic surgeon in person is critical. If there is a failure to communicate exactly your goals are there is a high likelihood that you will be disappointed with the results of surgery. Some patients may achieve the results with liposuction surgery,  some patients may require an extended tummy tuck to achieve their goals.

I would suggest consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

How to Achieve an Hourglass Figure

+1

To achieve an hourglass figure there are three areas that need to be addressed- the upper fullness (breasts), middle slandering (waistline), and lower fullness (hips/buttocks). In our San Francisco Bay Area practice we tailor all treatment plans to each patient’s existing shape.

Creating the upper fullness in the breasts is generally accomplished by augmentation with saline or silicone implants, lifting the breasts, or a combination of both.  Sculpting the waistline can be done with liposuction to the abdomen, flanks, and/or back to remove excess fat, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) to removed excess skin and pull the abdominal muscles (rectus abdominis) tighter, or again, a combination of both. Forming the lower fullness entails transferring an individual’s own fat into their hips and buttocks to augment their curvature (Brazilian butt lift) and is generally accompanied with liposuction to sculpt the waistline.

Multiple procedures may be performed during the same operation or during different operations depending on the objectives of the individual. For best results visit the office of a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Hourglass Figures

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of your abdomen, waist and back, and fat grafts to your buttocks.  You would also benefit from a tummy tuck if you wanted an even more dramatic result.  Weight loss through diet and exercise will enhance your appearance whether or not you do surgery.

David Stoker, MD

Hourglass Body Shaping Begins With Waistline Modifications

+1

When most women are referring to an hourglass body look, they are talking about a tailored waistline that is clearly more narrow with a concave silhouette compared to their breasts and buttocks. Which procedures that any woman will need to get closer to that appearance will depend on where they are when they start. Based on your photos, it will require several stages of surgery. The first place to start is with a full tummy tuck and waistline liposuction. The liposuctioned fat can be transferred to your buttocks during the same procedure. Further trunk liposuction will be needed during a second stage for additional shaping. Since your photos do not include your breasts, I can not say where they might fit in the 'hourglass' plan. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

How to get an hour glass look? Liposuction and fat grafting ( brazilian butt lift)

+1

How to get an hour glass look is a great question. The answer of course, depends on where you are starting from. If you have excess fat or fat in the wrong spots, the answer is liposuction to reduce the unwanted fat. The liposuction alone may be able to sculpt your shape to an hour glass. If not fat grafting, which adds fat to specific locations  such as the butt (Brazilian butt lift) or outer hip areas, or even outer thighs may be able to give you the desired look. I have done many of these types of procedures. Judging from your photos you appear to be a good candidate. You can see examples on my web site.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based ONLY on the posted photos, without an in person examination, you may need staged operations. I would do a TT with MR, 1 liter lipo first. Than stage 2 a 3 to 4 liter lipo with fat transfer to buttock, Best to obtain in person evaluations. 

Liposuction is the first step in achieving the best look you can get.

+1

Plan on liposuctioning the abdomen in 1 procedure and a week later doing the liposuction on the hips, midback, and axillae as a 2nd procedure.  Each lipo will run about $5-6000.  Wait 5 months, exercise a lot and diet and then see if you will need a tummy tuck or not once everything heals.  That should make a major change in itself.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Unfortunately, I can't see your lower abdomen in the photos.  Your skin looks like it is pretty good.  That said, you would probably do well with liposuction of your full abdomen, waist, hips, and back bra area.  There are a number of ways to do lipo.  My preference is under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD

Hourglass, Brazilian butt lift, S-curve sagging, loose skin,

+1

Liposuction is a procedure that makes curves. Tummy tucks make the stomach flat but liposuction makes the curves. SpongeBob is flat but that does not look too good. Betty Boop has curves and that looks good.

An hourglass shape is created by making the waist narrower than the hips. And that is a key to making her curvy figure. Liposuction works by decreasing the concentration of fat cells in the problem areas of the abdomen waist and back. The prominence of liposuction comes from the fact that fat cells don't replicate. So when you take away fat cells from the waist you make a permanent change. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure but it's a shape changing procedure. Even if you gain weight your waste will still be narrower than the hips and you'll still have curve.

To get the maximum out of curves adding a fat injection to the buttocks when you do the liposuction will make the maximum curves. What you're doing with the fat injection generally is changing a square buttocks into a round buttocks.

When I look at your skin of the abdomen in your photos I think it will respond well to liposuction and you don't need a tummy tuck. The advantage of the Brazilian butt lift which is a liposuction fat injection is all the fat from the stomach can be used to make the buttocks more curvy and create more of an hourglass.

If you look in my profile or website you can see photographs of patients with skin like yours who had liposuction and fat injection who did not need a tummy tuck and had their creation of an hourglass figure.

Wendell Perry, MD

Hourglass shape - lipo flanks, tummy tuck, buttock fat inj., weight loss

+1

Liposuction for sure, to reduce fullness of the tummy and flanks.  Many of our patients now elect to have fat injection simultaneously into the buttocks to provide more of an hourglass look.  Often I treat the underarm/bra fat areas with liposuction too.  You may also be a candidate for a tummy tuck, which can further flatten the tummy by tightening the muscles.  Ultrasonic liposuction works particularly well in fibrous areas such as the love handles (you need this).  Oh yes, and weight loss.   A 20-30 pound weight loss will compliment the result.  If you do all of this, you are likely to be satisfied.  If you have surgery without weight loss, perhaps not.  Attached are some examples of combined lipo and tummy tuck from my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon