What Procedures Would You Recommend for my Receding Chin and Poor Neck Definition?

My face basically recedes directly into my neck without any clear chin definition. I am 19 years old and skinny so it isn't a weight issue. I was thinking a submentoplasty, but I'm scared of the bad reviews I have seen. I would rather get a filler over a chin implant, but I know that it would be a very subtle result and almost not worth it. Any advice would be great.

Chin Implant - great option for receding chin and poor neck definition

+1

Hard to offer advice without a photo or an exam. That being said if you don't have problems with the way your teeth come together (malocclusion) then a simple chin implant would be best. Fillers can be used but not as effective.

+1

If the chin is deficient then a chin implant or a filler may be appropriate.  You would be an unlikely neck lift candidate at your age.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Procedures for receding chin and poor neck definition

+1

Without pictures, it's impossible to give you specific advice.  In general, a chin implant can help to improve a receding chin.  Injectable fillers can also help to some extent, but most of them would give a temporary result.  In regards to the neck, liposuction of that area can help to achieve better definition.  I can't comment on whether you would be a candidate for any of these procedures without seeing you or at least pictures of you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon