What Procedures Would Be Best to Make my Face Proportionate? (photo)

I have been wondering if a rhinoplasty and chin implant would make my face look more proportionate. I don't like how small my chin is in comparison with my forehead and feel like I have a thin face. I'd like to create a softer more feminine look without looking like I had surgery. The more natural looking the best.

What Procedures Would Be Best to Make my Face Proportionate?

+1

Dear Haley,

Thank you for your photos/questions.  I agree with a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation.  I'd say a significant nasal reduction and small chin augmentation.  The tip can be refined, projection decreased, and nasal dorsum defined.  This will reallly bring out your eyes.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with Chin Implant Will Give Your Face Proportional Balance with Softer, More Feminine Look

+1

Haley, I think your self evaluation is quite accurate. I agree that a rhinoplasty and chin implant together would make your face look more proportionate and create the softer, more feminine look you desire.

Beginning with your nose, you might consider making the dorsum (bridge of your nose) lower, the supratip (area above the tip) less wide, and the angle between your nose and upper lip more defined.

Certainly, any time you consider making a change to your nose, you should look at your chin area as well to ensure harmonious proportion between your nose and chin. In creating a softer, more feminine look, it's very important to keep the following 3 areas of your face in proportion:

1. forehead
  2. midface
  3. lower face

Often, a chin implant will be performed at the same time as rhinoplasty surgery, to widen the chin and give it proportional forward projection. I think this would be a good choice for you.

A natural-looking result is always the best goal. You definitely need to see a facial plastic surgeon in person for a full consultation, but you seem to be on the right track with reasonable expectations. Good luck!

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Reduction of the size of the tip and refinement can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty.  A chin implant will help balance facial proportions as well.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and chin implants each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facial surgery

+1

You are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Your other facial features are petite, but quite attractive. Concentrate on finding a good rhinoplasty surgeon. I'm not crazy about chin implants personally.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Improving Facial Proportions

+1

As you have suggested a rhinoplasty and chin implant will improve your facial proportions so these 2 structures will compliment your other well defined facial features. Select an experienced surgeon to achieve your goals.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

The combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant is very  common reason to give better facial balance by decreasing the overall projection of the nose and increasing projection of the chin. The rhinoplasty procedure involves shaving down the hump, narrowing the tip and bridge  and reducing the projection of the nose. A chin implant is inserted through sub-mental  incision and augments the  chin profile to help give better facial balance. Virtual rhinoplasty  software is available on our website. The link below shows examples of the combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant in our practice

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant Would Help Make This Beautiful Face More Proportionate

+1

Hi Haley,

You have good artistic vision.  I agree that rhinoplasty and chin implant will help you achieve your facial aesthetic goals.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your facial outline is that of a V which is youthful, soft, feminine, natural and doesn't look like you have had surgery. Don't let anyone talk you into having a bunch of surgery that you will later regret.

You could have some minor rhinoplasty work but I don't think you are a good candidate for that until you voice something specific that you want to change.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty and possible chin implant

+1

Rhinoplasty and possible chin implant would give you a softer more feminine look. Imaging only tells u what a computer can do  ---but the way to evaluate the surgeon is are his results natural!

Balancing Facial Proportions

+1

Dear Haley20734,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but your facial proportions can be improved by reshaping your nose and enhancing your chin.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD