Procedures to Fix Crooked Nasal Bridge, Nasal Hump and Bulbous Droopy Tip? (photo)

I have a crooked nasal bridge, a nasal hump and a droopy tip which has brought my self esteem down for years. I am strongly considering rhinoplasty and I was wondering what procedures could be done to fix these issues and which would be best.

Procedures to fix crooked nasal bridge, nasal hump, and bulbous droopy tip?

+1

Having rhinoplasty can help fix the issues you describe. In general, it is not possible to get the nose 100% straight, but great improvements can be made. Osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) would be necessary to fix a crooked nose. The nasal hump can be rasped down. And a droopy nose may be lifted in a number of ways. My approach will depend on the individual circumstances of the patient. Tongue and groove sutures used in the septum and the tip cartilage may help. In addition, a columellar strut and possibly removing caudal septum may help. I would recommend a consult with a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Crooked nose, drooping tip rhinoplasty

+1

the rhinoplasty procedure involves straightening out a crooked nose,  removing a dorsal hump, raising a drooping tip, and reducing a bulbous tip.  Specifically, osteotomies will straighten out the crooked  nasal bones, filing down bone and cartilage will remove the hump, and a small amount of cartilage removal from the tip will reduce the width of the bulbous tip. The procedure is performed as an outpatient surgery under general anesthesia and will take approximate an hour and a half. Expect approximately 2 weeks of bruising and swelling afterwards for recovery time. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try out, to get an idea of what your nose could potentially look like.

A nasal hump is the most common request in rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty should address all aspects of the nose. A nasal hump is the #1 reason people seek rhinoplasty. A wide nasal tip #2 and a crooked nose #3. It's best to see a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your desires. A personal exam is necessary to make specific recommendations. I find that computer imaging also helps a lot in demonstrating potential changes.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Crooked bridge, hump and tip

+1

A Rhinoplasty, typically, addresses the tip, hump, septum and any deviation or excessive width of the bridge of the nose. An experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon can address all of your concerns and perform a conservative Rhinoplasty which is all you need. A thorough consultation with your surgeon is crucial in planning the procedure so that your goals are properly evaluated and addressed.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can do it all

+1

The potential and variation in rhinoplasty is great and can easily accomplish all that you mention. Make sure your surgeon understands what your goals are, and you understand what the result will be.

Hump Reduction, Tip Elevation and Refinement, and Straightening of Nose

+1

The hump can be reduce as well as the tip.  The subtle deviation may be addressed through a number of maneuvers depending upon internal exam and view from the nostril base.  All of these maneuvers can be performed with a closed rhinoplasty without any visible scars.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fixing crooked bridge, hump and bulbous tip with rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery can be used to address all your concerns about your nasal appearance. There are many ways to address tip bulbosity. The bridge can be refined to remove the bump you currently have.

Check out my web reference link below to read more about rhinoplasty and see before and after photos.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD