Best Procedures Facial Hypertrophy? (photo)

Hello, My left face is atrophied and is noticeably smaller than my right. What would be the best options available to me to help create more facial symmetry and an overall balance of profile? Thank You, Jesse

Facial asymmetry

+2

You probably have a facial growth discrepancy leading to the right side of your face growing more than the left (or visa versa).  I have treated this problem with implants to the cheek and back part (mandibular angle) of the jaw, which would be the left side in your case.  Then I would do what's called a "leveling genioplasty" to straighten and level the chin.  While these maneuvers would not make the face perfectly symmetric, it would vastly improve the discrepancies. 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

+2

A unilateral cheek implant can address this asymmetry, provided it is a bony asymmetry.  A silastic cheek implant can be inserted on the weak side under local or general anesthesia

Facial Assymetry

+2

You appear to have soft tissue loss. This can be augmented in a variety of different ways: fat grafting, fillers, implants. Keep in mind that these are static modalities. Without seeing your face in movement, I cannot tell you how these will act dynamically. Also, the underlying pathology may direct the proper course of treatment. Fortunately, this is part of the core curriculum of facial reconstructive surgery training, so, depending on where you are, you should have several well-qualified surgeons near you.

John C. Ferguson, MD
Honolulu Facial Plastic Surgeon