Procedures to Correct Thick Legs?

I have "meaty legs"(my legs look like mischa bartons legs), my legs are big compared to the rest of my body and I have a pear shape so no matter how much weight I lose my legs will still be meaty looking I heard of liposuction but is liposuction on calves and ankles effective? in general theres not a lot of fat on ankles or calves so how much of a difference does it really make?

Liposuction of Legs

+1

If there is fat, it can be suctioned.  If it is mainly muscle, then liposuction will not be effective.  The answer is really in your examination during your consultation.  Or if you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice. 

Good Luck.

Liposuction for meaty legs

+1

Liposuction of the calves and ankles can be performed in some individuals but I will tell you while great results can be obtained but  many times patients are dissatisfied.  Prolonged swelling is common.

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction can make dramatic improvements in the look of thighs, lower legs and ankles when done properly in appropriate patients. Without a face to face examination it is impossible to know if you are an appropriate patient. It also is not clear if your problem areas are just ankle, calf and or thigh. Certainly the lower on the leg you go the more difficult the surgery and the higher the risk of complications and more severe the complication especially in patients with co-morbidities like diabetes.

Aaron Stone, MD