Which Procedure is Right for Me?

I am 22 years old and had a really big baby, I was wondering what procedure would be right for me as I'm not too sure if I have enough extra body fat/skin for a tummy tuck and my stretch marks are pretty high, deep and go around my hip area, but it does look much better when I pull the skin to smooth it out. I was thinking that some sort of skin tightening treatment might help for some improvement, but wanted to know if I'd just be wasting my time and money. Thanks.

What to do about loose skin and stretch marks after baby

+1

From your photos you have minimal loose skin and fat after having a baby.  In my opinion you do not need a tummy tuck.

When stretch marks are still red, two types of laser can be used to treat them: fractional laser resurfacing, which actually works well for both red and white stretch marks, and pulse dye laser that works for red stretch marks.  Since you have both red and white stretch marks, fractional laser treatments would do better for you.

You can combine that with a skin tightening procedure.  Together those should give excellent results.

Also, whether you need skin tightening or not depends on how long ago you had the baby.  If you gave birth within the last couple of months, I would probably wait to see how much the skin will come back to normal in the next several months.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck ?

+1

Basically, if your skin is loose, then a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty may be helpful to reduce the stretch marks.  However, you would then be trading vertical stretch marks for a horizontal incision.  Without examining you, it is difficult to tell if you are a good candidate for the procedure.  In reality, there is no way to effectively remove all of your stretch marks.  So, if you do decide to have surgery, it is important to have realistic expectation.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

You should absolutely not have a tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

This is not what you want to hear, but you have one of the few situations which in my opinion cannot be improved.  There is no effective treatment for your severe stretch marks. People with poor elasticity do not respond well to Thermage.  And skin cannot be effectively removed around the belly button (Unfortunately, I have tried).

Mommy makeover - abdominoplasty

+1

It is hard to tell from the photos if you have sufficient excess skin to allow a tummy tuck procedure. You maybe a candidate for the surgery but looking at the photos I am doubtful. Even if the skin could be removed it will not result in the removal of the stretchmarks above the belly button or along the side of the torso. The ones on the side are very red and may be amenable to a flashlamp laser especially if they blanch with finger pressure.