What Procedure Would Be Best After Pregnancy: Tummy Tuck or Liposculpture?

After 3 pregnancys i weight 135lb and I'm 5'5. I'm thinking of getting a tummy tuck, but peple tell me I would be a better candidate for a Liposculpture abdominal? I do have stretch mark in my abdominal area.

Tummy Tuck or Liposculpture

+2

Liposculpture will not improve stretchmarks or the quality of the skin.  Liposuction will also not address muscle laxity.  If these are concerns of yours, then a tummy tuck is a better solution to your problems.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Liposuction vs. Tummy tuck after Pregnancy.

+2

Often women will have changes in their abdominal contour after pregnancy.  If it is a problem of too much fat, then liposuction, (liposculpture), may be an option.  If there is redundant skin, then abdominoplasty, (tummy tuck), may be the better choice.  Often the rectus muscles will stretch out with pregnancy.  A plication of the muscles at the time of the abdominoplasty can address this.

Best to speak with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together, you will come up with a plan for your goals.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/liposuction

When is liposculpture the best procedure?

+1

When is liposculpture the best procedure? When I select a patient for liposculpture I look for someone who:

1. is at their ideal body weight
  2. exercises regularly and eats a healthy diet
  3. despite #1 and #2 doesn't have that sculpted, athletic look
  4. have healthy skin with minimal stretch marks

Often after pregnancy your muscles become stretched out and a tummy tuck may be more beneficial because the muscles are sewn together to flatten the profile of the abdomen

Liposculpture is different than liposuction.  In my Salt Lake City, Utah plastic surgery office I perform all of the above; liposuction, liposculpture, and tummy tucks.  It is probably in your best interest to find someone that performs all of them so that they can guide you to select the best procedure for your individual problem.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Abdplasty vs. lipo

+1

Without seeing photos it is impossible to advise you in your particular circumstance.  If you have significant stretch marks and skin that creates folds, you are probably a better candidate for the tummy tuck.  In general, a tummy tuck will give you a flatter abdomen than lipo alone, but it does involve a large scar and is a longer recovery.  You may want to resubmit you question along with photos and I think you will get better feedback regarding what would work best for you.

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

+1

The answer to your question depends on how much extra skin you have.  Liposuction only removes the excess fat.  If you need removal of skin, fat, and muscle tightening, then a tummy tuck can give you more benefit.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for consultation. Best of luck.

Liposculpture or tummy tuck

+1

Difficult to say without seeing you in person to determine the degree of loose skin you might have. In cases like yours where there are stretch marks, you can prepare yourself for the skin area that has those stretch marks not to shrink well after liposculpture as the skin has been damaged and has lost its ability to shrink.

A tummy tuck is the best option.

+1

Your weight is basically normal, and after having 3 children with stretch marks, in my hands, a tummy tuck with perhaps a little lipo will do the trick. Obviously, I would need to see you and do an evaluation inorder to know for sure.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Best procedure after pregnancy?

+1

Thank you for your question.  Without photos this is a difficult question to answer, however, given the fact that you have had three children and you are concerned about stretch marks I think that if would be safe to say that you would benefit most from a tummy tuck. Make an appointment to see a board certified plastic surgeon as they will be the best person to tell you what operation is going to give you the results you are after. 

Tummy Tuck Usually Best For Stretch Marks

+1

A tummy tuck is almost always the best way to treat excess skin and stretch marks.  Most of the stretch marks located below the umbilicus can be removed with a full tummy tuck.  This would also give the opportunity to perform a muscle repair which you likely would need after three pregnancies.

Tummy Tuck or Liposculpture?

+1

You sound like an ideal candidate for Tummy Tuck. If you have stretch marks following pregnancy, the loose skin will not tighten up. If you have any fullness in the lower abdomen, it can be from muscle separation of the abdominal muscles from pregnancy. Again, Tummy Tuck will correct this and tighten up the skin. Lipo simply removes fat from under the skin and will cause it to look softer and more saggy afterward.If you are finished having children, Tummy Tuck will give you the best long term result. Consult with a few Board Certified plastic surgeons, see photos of their results and choose carefully. Compare the results of Liposculpture you are seeing to a well done Tummy Tuck and then make your decision. Best Wishes.

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon