What Procedure is the Best for Facial Trauma Forehead Scar? (photo)

Hello I have had a trauma forehead scar since i was 2 years old, i have done couple erbium laser treatment to improve it but it gave no results , a year ago i ve tried scar revision, still no improvement, please advice what might be the best treatment to improve the scar, I ve tried almost everything... Help! I am 22 years old Asian female so i have very sensitive skin as well!

Forehead scars can be improved with surgical scar revision procedures

+1

I would recommend scar excision and layered closure to improve the scar on your central forehead. 

Treatment of traumatic scarring

+1

There are many different kinds of scars- some elevated and thickened, some depressed, some are firm while others are soft, etc.  At times a combined approach involving surgery, lasers, and injectables is required to provide best outcomes.  Without actually examining you it is difficult to say which approach or combination would be best, but if you goal is for improvement as opposed to perfection, it seems that there should be some good options for you.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Deep Fractionated for Scar Revision

+1

Hi Saniya.  There is no simple way to improve a scar like yours, but if you have tried traditional Erbium resurfacing, we would give fractional laser resurfacing a chance.  Deep fractional resurfacing has the potential to improve a scar like yours, but go into the procedure with realistic expectations of improvement.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD