Procedure or Surgery to Remove Scar Tissue in the Lips?

Eight months ago, my lips were injected with Juvederm. It was hideous. There was a bump on my lip too. I have since had hyaluronidaise injections and the product is gone, but the bump is still there. On the surface, it looks like skin that was once stretched out, and when I press, I feel a hard lump inside. Cortisone injections didnt work either. I did a research online and came to know of people who have had this fixed. How can it be done?

Lip bump and nodule after lip injections

+1

I perform lip revision surgery for patients in LA who have filler complications and feel that it is an appropriate step for patients who suffer from lip granulomas and scar tissue. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Scar tissue in the lips

+1

Dear Loress654,

Depending exactly where on the lip this scar is, it can be removed surgically and stitched. This can be done with a technique called a "punch biopsy." The lip heals well. You may also want to try a series of cortisone injections (in case you have only tried one).

Good luck,

Dr. Mariwalla

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon