What Procedure Best Suits Me if I Were to Get my Eyelids Done?

I'm interested in getting my eyelids done. I have excess skin on my lid and inherited small asian eyes from my father's side. All 5 of my aunts got their eyes done, but I noticed through time their eyelids begin to sag and/or the crease isn't as evident as it was before. Can this be avoided? Which procedure best suits me? How much will this cost? How long is recovery time? What are the pros/cons? details please :D Thank you.

Asian Eyelid Surgery

+1

An in-person consultation is best to assess your eyelids and your goals.  As we age, the skin changes, so sagging of the upper eyelid skin is expected for everyone.  However, if the crease is anchored well, it should remain.  Generally two weeks of recovery should suffice.  It is best to discuss the details with a board certified specialist who can assist you further.

Asian Blepharoplasty options

+1

It's very difficult to give you a complete treatment options based just one photo. First it appears you have eye brow asymmetry (left side higher) and very low or hidden upper eyelid crease. I am not sure based on the photo how much excessive upper eyelid skin that you have. With limited information, I suggest a upper blepharoplasty with anchoring of desired upper eyelid crease fold and very limited skin excision (if any). Typical recovery is about two weeks for the swelling and bruising to subside. It's best to discuss pros and cons during a face to face consultation as well as determining the fees for your surgery.

Sincerely,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Asian blepharoplasty best suited for asian eyelids

+1

Upper blepharoplasty is done for redundant excess skin and fat on the upper lids through incisions placed in the supraorbital crease and is very well hidden. More definition of the upper eyelid crease can be performed in Asian blepharoplasty known as the Westernization procedure, which cost $3,000 to $4,000.   Allow two weeks for recovery.