Procedure Suggested by Doc on Post Breast Augmentation Follow-Up?

My breast implants appear to sit relatively high in relation to the “inframammary” scars. Am into my 65 post surgery now, doctor advise if nothing improves after 6 months, he will lower the breast prosthesis with elevation of the scar in the same time. Please advise what is the procedure exactly when he suggested that? Its a re visionary surgery meaning new silicon will be replaced? Thank you.

High Riding Implants Correction

+1

The implants if high can be released inferiorly with capsulotomy and additional muscle release, if necessary.

Revision breast augmentation?

+1

It sounds like you are going to have a revision breast procedure with capsule release, but I am not sure because I have not examined you.

Concerns about Breast Implant Position and Scars after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question. I do remember your case ( and pictures)  from an earlier post.

I would suggest that you give additional time before considering additional surgery. If I were you, I would wait several additional months to allow for full breast implant “settling” to occur. I would also suggest that you be very careful about undergoing additional surgery that involves “elevation of the scar”;  I would be concerned that this means an additional links of scar and/or distortion of the inframmammary fold areas.  You do not want to take a undesirable situation and potentially make it worse.

At some point, if you remain uncertain as to the best course of action, you may be well served by in person 2nd consultations. Make sure these consultations  are scheduled with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Lowering the implant and raising the scar

+1

It's unlikely that you will need a new silicone implant. Raising the scar may indicate that your surgeon is going to cut some skin out and shortened the distance between your scar and nipple. The downside to that is adding length to the scar. You can lower the implant as long as at the end the nipple is still sitting at top of the implant mound and not off-center. Often time, lowering the implant will effectively shift the nipple up and end it up sitting too high relative to the implant.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Strategies for breast augmentation revision

+1

A picture would be helpful.  If the scars are in the right position, they probably won't need to be changed.  Most likely the implants will need to be repositioned if they don't settle in within the first 6 months.There are implant exercises which can help to stretch the lower pole and correct high-riding implants.  An elastic band across the upper portions of the breasts may help as well.  Discuss the options with your plastic surgeon.

John Q. Cook, MD

Procedure Suggested by Doc

+1

The person who can answer your question best is your surgeon. Without a photo I can only respond to the written info in your question. If the implants are high on your chest, lowering them at surgery makes most sense. If the implant position is otherwise good but the incisions are too low, the solution to the problem is different, and may be more difficult.With regards to the implant, unless a different size or contour is desired, the original implants would usually be used. 

Thank you for your question. Do ask these questions to your surgeon. Best wishes. 

Breast implant revision

+1

These are questions that your doctor needs to answer.  I would guess that what they meant was that by lowering your old implants down to the fold they will look better.  New implants and "raising" the incision are likely not needed.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS