What Procedure Can You Suggest with my Nose Type? I'm Planning to Have Alarplasty Only (photo)

I don't want to have implants and never will I consider it. In line with that, I'm planning to have alarplasty only. During my first consultation with a plastic surgeon here in the PHI, he said that I have a bridge and nice tip but with overhanging alars. He is planning to have my nostrils cut from the side and lift it up so the tip of my nose will be prominent. Any advice please? Please give me a honest observation and profile of my nose and what procedure is appropriate to look it great, ty!

Alarplasty For A Better Nose

+2

I agree with you that you will benefit from an alarplasty as reducing your alar base will enhance you facial feature tremendously.

However, just targeting the alar base will not be correct aesthetically as it will cause an unsatisfactory look of the nasal tip and overall width.

Your best bet is to consider a multifaceted where the nasal dorsum is narrowed and the tip is addressed accordingly. Only then, a well coherent results will be the best fit to your face.

That said, I cannot provide you with additional details as your photos do not show your complete facial features. I recommend that you consult with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will examine you and guide you to make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your question and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Alarplasty

+2

Interesting photos:  The alar flare is quite significant.  I believe that you would benefit from Cosmetic Surgery.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar Base Reduction

+2

You pose a good question.  It is hard to say exactly what would benefit your appearance without seeing the rest of the nose and face.  Your alar base is quite wide and a reduction will enhance your appearance.  However, it is important to achieve balance with the rest of your face and still appear natural and harmonious and you may or may not need additional areas of the nose addressed.  

I do not recommend implants for my Asian Rhinoplasty patients.  I prefer to use tissue from their own bodies as it will minimize many complications while appearing natural.  I have seen too many complications from Asian patients who have had implants placed elsewhere who are unhappy and seek revision surgery with me.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

+2

I recommend seeking advice of a surgeon with experience in Asian rhinoplasty. Asian noses are unique in their anatomy and skin quality. Your nasal base is fairly wide and needs repositioning in order to achieve a balance with the rest of the nasal structure. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Alarplasty

+1

You will benefit from reduction of the width of your nasal base and a decrease in the flare of the nostrils. I'm not sure what you are asking, but make sure that your surgeon is experienced in Asian rhinoplasty.

Alar Base surgery

+1

Not sure I agree with doing the alar base modification without addressing the tip and bony nasal pyramid.  All three must blend.  I would want to see some pictures of simialr cases from the doctor doing the procedure as well.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon