Procedure to Subtly Refine Nose Tip?

I'm interested in getting Rhinoplasty as my nose is a little bit too big for my liking. I just want a subtle one, not a massive overhaul. My nose is upturned but I quite like it, I just want the tip a bit more refined I think. I'd like other people's opinions though. Tell me what you think!

Tip refinement for a more feminine nose

+1

Indeed, the tip of your nose is more bulbous and is slightly out of balance with the remainder of the nose. This can be reduced through tip suturing techniques or an endonasal approach, not an open rhinoplasty. Cartilage can also be removed from the tip and sculpted to create a nice feminine refinement.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Yes it is possible.

+1

The most important decision is the surgeon. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses that you like. See real patients or long term photos of his results.

Tip rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi!

1)  What you want is entirely appropiate.

2)  The tip of your nose is a littlle too round. It can be refined with internal sutures, and the rest of your nose can be left alone.

3)  A tiny change in the nose can have a big positive impact on the face.

Subtle Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

It is a reasonable option and can be achieved by scoring the catilages and then stitching them together. There are several other techniques that address the problem, such as removing a sliver of the cartilage, morselizing (crushing) the cartilage.

The techniques can vary for each surgeon as we all have our own preferences. Its the result at the end that matters more than the technique used. Remember there many ways to skin a cat.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty; Will Subtle Rhinoplasty Refine a Beautiful Brit's Nasal Tip?

+1

Hi Betty Lou,

Subtle changes to the tip of your nose ("change the offending party please) can achieve the goals that you desire. You may need additional subtle changes depending upon the structure of the remainder of your nose.

Choose your subtle rhinoplasty surgeon carefully and make sure that she/he understands your wishes and can carry out the steps to attain the result your want.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty is an excellent option for tip refinement. Based on your photo, narrowing and refining the tip, without changing the rotation (upturning), can all be accomplished with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon. Make sure your goals and expectations are addressed in the consultation. The result should be noticeable but natural-appearing.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Subtle rhinoplasty

+1

Today is "subtle" rhinoplasty day. Earlier I answered a similar question. You are an attractive lady, but the tip of your nose certainly detracts from your looks. Subtle tip changes may be all you need. However, other views as well as a personal consultation, often with computer imaging, is important for making a final decision. I suggest you seek a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your goals and then you can mutually decide on what is best for you.

Subtle Refinement of Tip Possible with Rhinoplasty

+1

The best rhinoplasty is one which produces a nose that both looks good and functions well. When performed correctly, other people should be able to tell that your nose has been operated on, but rather that it looks natural.

Rhinoplasty can have either a dramatic effect or a subtle effect on the appearance of the nose depending on what techniques are used and depending on the patient's preference.

The best way for patient to gain a better understanding of how their nose might look is to visit with a surgeon who uses computer imaging to set the goals for surgery. Recently, 3D rhinoplasty imaging has become available which allows patients to compare their preop picture with a simulated postop picture and look at them from any angle to see how surgery might change their overall appearance. Gaining a better understanding of what the result would look like before undergoing surgery can help make that decision.

Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com/html/meet-dr-cochran.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the picture...definitely helps in making suggestions, worth 10000 words as they say. However, a better picture is one from the side which helps assess contour, tip projection and proportion. Even better, find a Rhinoplasty Expert Plastic Surgeon, or a couple of them. He or she can evaluate your nose in 3D as well as look inside. They will be able to give you expert advice on ideal contour to fit your face, realistic expectations for both recovery and results, as well as discuss where incisions might be placed on the nose. They will also be able to review other patients before and after pictures, identify a few with similar anatomic variants to yours and demonstrate their results. I recommend meeting with a couple a least, helps you fine tune your goals and identify which surgeon would be the best fit for you in the event you decide on surgery.

I hope this helps a little.

Dr. C