Collagen-stimulating Procedure for Face?

Which procedure is best for stimulating collagen in the facial skin. I am 47.

Laser resurfacing procedures and dermal fillers may be the right choices for you.

+1

Laser resurfacing procedures, ablative (CO2, Erbium) and nonablative (Fraxel), are excellent choices for those wishing to renew collagen and tighten their skin. These lasers work by causing microscopic damage in the collagen layer and then allowing new collagen to come in to the area.

Dermal fillers literally replace a component of the dermal collagen matrix, but is not collagen. However, some dermal fillers such as Radiesse actually stimulate collagen growth.

These two options may work well for you. I would seriously look into the facial resurfacing option.

Good luck!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist