Which procedure is right for my thin lips? (photo)

Hi I have thin lips, especially my upper lip and was considering a mini lip injection 0.5ml syringe. I was wondering if this procedure was right for me?

Thin Lip Augmentation

+1
Using dermal fillers is a perfect solution for adding lip fullness and volume. Fillers such as JUVEDERM® and Restylane® are all great options for non-surgical lip augmentation. Fillers can enhance the volume of lips that are thin or deflated and fill in lines around the mouth caused by age.

Studies show that the most desired proportions of an attractive mouth are 1/3 upper lip and 2/3 lower lip. Your plastic surgeon may suggest following this general rule of thumb to give you a natural look that suits your facial proportions.

Consult with a facial injection specialist in your area for more personalized information on the procedure and type of filler that may be right for you.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving thin lips

+1

Your best best is a filler such as juvederm or restylane to improve your lips. If your upper lip bothers you most, you may just try a 0.5cc syringe of filler to see if that's enough. If after 2 weeks you feel you need more, you can always have more added, that way things are gradual and most people who are just starting out with botox and fillers like to go slow. More importantly, make sure you find an experienced and highly trained injector such as a dermatologist since knowledge of symmetry, beautify, and most importantly anatomy are particularly critical in the lip. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Which procedure is right for my thin lips?

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane would give you a great result, I don’t recommend injecting a permanent filler               

Are you looking for a temporary or permanent lip augmentation procedure?

+1

In our practice, we prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent, natural-looking lip augmentation. I agree that you may benefit from more volume in your upper lip, but we almost always augment both lips to maintain a natural balance.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon