What Procedure Would Be Right for Me? (photo)

I have a hump on the bridge on my nose,(it's natural,I've never broken it) I'm assuming the hump is called a "Dorsel hump"? Anyways, it's very large, and I think it ruins my appearance. I want to undergo surgery, but I would first like to know the cost,what should I expect, healing time, where i should go,etc. I live in New Jersey if that has anything to do with the cost of it. Thank you.

Dorsal hump rhinoplasty

+2

Filing down the dorsal hump will involve removal both bone and cartilage  along the bridge of the nose.   A rhinoplasty will also involve osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones and possibly tip surgery to balance the entire nose. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website to review to try out to give yourself an idea what your new nose might look like. Please see the "Patient's Complete Guide to Rhinoplasty" located on our website which will answer most all of your rhinoplasty related questions.

Expectations after rhinoplasty for dorsal hump deformity

+2

The best way to approach this is to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with an interest (and expertise) in rhinoplasty procedures.  Be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge the surgeon's experience and expertise.  Look at a bunch of noses to see how he/she visualizes things.  Beware of computer imaging since what is done with software may not mimic what is done with soft tissue.  The best way to develop a reasonable expectation is by looking to see what other patients have achieved with the surgeon you are considering.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Rhinoplasty with hump removal.

+2

The cost of this is approximately $7-$10,000 depending on what needs to be done. The most important part of this is choosing a very experienced surgeon who does natural noses.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

The best way to determine what is right for you, is to have computer imaging to show what your nose would look like after surgery. A hump reduction may be one of the procedures but you may also need tip work and/or osteotomies.

The cost of the surgery can range from 6000 to 10,000, depending on what needs to be done.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Hump Removal In Rhinoplasty

+2

As stated prior, the pictures do provide limited views of your nose.  I do agree that a dorsal hump reduction would help to refine your profile.  From the limited pics it also seems like you could benefit from conservative refinement of the nasal tip as well.  I suggest an in person consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon.  During your consultation and thorough exam you can discuss your cosmetic goals, as well as address any functional nasal issues if they exist.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need better photos

+2

If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose then you should take surgery into consideration; choosing your plastic should not be about the cost and know that good plastic surgeons charge more (anywhere from 8k to 16k depending on what needs to be done).  when choosing your plastic surgeon make sure you review the before/after photos and make sure you like what you see and also speak to at least 2 patients who have gone through the same surgery.

Andre Aboolian, MD

REMOVAL OF Nasal Hump

+2

All I can confirm with the limited view of your nose is that a hump removal would be beneficial. I don't know what else will be necessary, but the cost will  be $7,000-10,000. Recovery from obvious paranasal swelling and bruising will take 7-10 days. I tell patients to avoid strenuous physical activity for 2 weeks and any activity that may involve nasal trauma for 6 weeks. 

What Procedure Would Be Right for Me?

+1

The dorsal hump can certainly be removed through a closed rhinoplasty.  There will be minimal downtime, and the swelling may persist for 6 months to a year.  The cost ranges from $5000 to $10000.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Question #nosejob

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery is very complex. There are so many things that can be done to the nose for correction. What you need to define are the exact things you do not like. Is it just the dorsal hump, or is it more? I would start by looking in the mirror, as I am sure you do daily, and try to define the things you would like changed. Then seek out a board certified surgeon who truly has a passion for and does many Rhinoplasty surgeries. You should feel very comfortable with this person. Taking down the bump can be very straight forward if that is all, but none of us in this forum can really tell you unless we examine your nose and listen carefully to your concerns in a face to face consultation. I get it, buddy. I had a Rhinoplasty when I was 24 so be smart and do your research. This is a big decision. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Doctors What Procedure Would Be Right for Me?

+1

You are a candidate for full rhinoplasty. Seek in person consults from boarded surgeons in New Jeresy.