What Procedure Would Get Rid the Loose Skin on my Belly?

After having three boys I am left with some loose skin under my belly button and a odd belly button . I also only got stretch marks directly above and below my belly button and want those treated somehow. I am scared of a large scar associated with a tummy tuck and want a natural looking belly button. I want to know the best procedure for my belly situation :). Thank you!

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question about improving your belly after having 3 children.

• Some kind of tummy tuck is likely to help you. 
  • You may not need a long-scar tummy tuck. If the changes are only around the belly button, you made need a 'designer' tummy tuck - designed for your specific changes.  
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to advise you as to what is causing the changes and the best treatment. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Liposuction or tummy tuck after having children?

+1

Although liposuction alone is attractive from a patient’s perspective because the scarring is minimal, the problems you describe (loose skin, stretch marks, history of multiple pregnancies to term) usually require a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). The reason for this is that although there is some shrinkage of skin with liposuction, there is rarely enough shrinkage for someone who has both upper and lower abdominal wall skin laxity. Also, women who have carried children to term often have a separation of the muscles of the abdominal wall. This separation is responsible for the bulging of the tummy.  Unfortunately liposuction alone will not address these problems.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin on tummy

+1

Liposuction will most likely not give you much tightening of your tummy, and may in fact make the loose skin worse.  A tummy tuck would probably be the best option for you.  Discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.  I think you'll find you can have a nice, contoured, natural looking tummy with this procedure.  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Surgery for Loose Skin

+1

Based on the information you have given, you sound like a great candidate for an abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck).  Liposuction will not help you. Best of luck!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD