Procedure to Repair "Snoopy" Boobs? (photo)

I had an augmentation roughly 6 years ago. I was happy to finally have a chest and I was assured by my PS that my implants would settle. My implants never dropped and I am too full on top with downward pointing nipples. The saline implants are under the muscle and the incision was through the armpit. What type of procedure(s) will have to be done to correct this problem. My PS still contends they are fine...I disagree and am looking for a new PS.

Breast Implants Did Not Drop 6 Years Post Surgery

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

The fullness in your upper quadrant is due to the fact that your implants did not fully drop into their pockets and so the muscle is to be released so a complete drop can take place.

Nonetheless, you have to take into consideration that it has been 6 years since your surgery and you could benefit from a lift to bring your nipples to where you like them to be as inducing a complete drop of the implants may not do so alone.

I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience in the field who can guide you to make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast augmentation question

+1

I am a huge fan of the armpit incision and use a camera to do the procedure. With snoopy boobs however, I would use an areola incision as you need to do extra things not usually done in routine breast augmentation which are hard to do through the axilla. I think you need the implants lowered and may need a small nipple lift. You may also have a degree of synmastia which is caused most often by the doctor releasing the sternal pectoralis muscle which should be preserved. See a few board certified plastic surgeons for consultation. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision may involve lowering breast implants that are too high

+1

From your photos it appears as though your implants may need to be lowered a few centimeters.  Also, a small breast lift may need to be done to get a more aesthetic appearance to your breasts.  The infra-mammary fold underneath your breasts may also have to be lowered to help get a rounder, more natural appearance.  The entire procedure can be done as an outpatient, and the recovery will probably only take a few days.  The incisions will likely need to be underneath the breasts and around the areolae.  Having done this procedure many times, you can get a nice result with a revision.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Correction of "Snoopy" deformity.

+1

After 6 years your breasts do not look bad, but your description of the residual too-high, "snoopy-dog" deformity is accurate. Unfortunately, I find this is (more) common with axillary incisions, as the arms are raised in order for the surgery to be performed, affecting the breast (and pocket) position . . . all too often for the worse.

Your malposition is not "bad," but it could indeed be better, so I agree with your decision to seek additional consultations with ABPS-certified plastic surgeons. I also (grudgingly) understand your own surgeon's reluctance to try to make things better, because there is always the possibility that things could end up worse! Maybe way worse! Double bubble deformities would be the most common problem seen in re-operation for your present concern--especially if performed through your present axillary scars.

It seems that you (and your surgeon) chose an axillary incision in order to avoid visible scars on your breasts, so recommending any sort of breast lift (with scars on your breasts) gives you more of what you were trying to avoid in the first place. I also believe you do not need any sort of breast lift. Revision of the pockets may be difficult from an axillary incision, and performing this through an inframammary (crease) incision also leaves visible scars on your breasts, but the most inconspicuous ones possible, and allows the best access for accurate pocket revision.

I believe that opening up the pockets inferiorly and ensuring optimal implant position via an inframammary incision on each side will give you the best result, with the least scarring, and the highest likelihood of avoiding yet another re-operation. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast augmentation

+1

Based on your pictures, the lower portion of your breast looks tight and needs to be released.  Whether this is from your muscle or from scar tissue is difficult to say.  This needs to be released in order for your implants to continue to "drop" - this would likely help to reposition your nipples, as well.  If not, a small lift can be performed.

This, of course, depends on your examination and a discussion of your goals.  I'd recommend finding a board-certified surgeon that you feel comfortable with and can talk through all of this with you.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Hall

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Revisionary Breast Augmentation Options?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, I think you may benefit from revisionary breast surgery that may involve release of the pectoralis muscle/scar tissue of the lower poles of the breasts.  This operation may help the breast implants “settle” and improve the shape of the breasts as well as the relative positioning of the nipple/areola complexes.

Breast lifting may also be helpful depending on your physical examination and goals.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Procedure to Repair "Snoopy" Boobs?

+1

Options based upon the posted photos are additional surgery. Either release inferior poles, fat grafts to inferior pole, mastopexy, or a combination. Best to be seen in person by boarded PS in your area. 

Revsision breast augmenttation

+1

Tranaxillary breast augmentation commonly had problems with implant malposition. It is quite possible that them uscle was not relaease enough.  Hard to say from photo. Could you have sag of breasts?  Perhaps. An exam is key.

Can my breast implants be fixed? (photo)

+1

Personal exam important to diagnose the problem and propose treatment plan.  If peri-prosthetic fibrosis (capsular contacture) present, open capsulectomy (in my opinion) should be part of treatment.  Also to be determined at examination: Are implants too high, nipples too low, or both? If nipples too low, areolar mastopexy indicated.  If implants too high, establish new (lower) infra-mammary crease, and close post surgical follow up to be sure it stays there.

Steve Laverson, MD

Procedure to Repair "Snoopy" Boobs?

+1

If your implants are sub muscular then the pectoralis muscles were possibly dis joined from the sternum because the implants are touching each other.  Some surgeons do this routinely with an axillary incision to prevent lateral displacement with submuscular placement.  It is also possible that the implants are on top of the muscle.  You also have ptosis which I would treat with a vertical scar mastopexy.  Some patients choose to have the Snoopy shape rather than the mastopexy scars.  This should be discussed with your surgeon before proceeding with a correction.

Mitchell F. Grasseschi, MD