What Procedure Might You Recommend for These Knees? (photo)

I had Cellulaze done to the front of my legs today (the lower part -- down by my knees), but my "before" shot of my knees has me quite upset. Am I just cursed with horrific looking knees & should leave them alone, or could something be done aesthetically (along with strengthening/toning my legs) such as lipo? thigh or leg lift (sounds like a big deal and scary)? more Cellulaze? Bottom line -- I have very ugly knees (they're my mother's -- exactly). Can anything be done? I'm 41. Any suggestions?

Cellulaze and knees

+2

Greetings Aging Maven~

I'm sure you've heard this before but we are all our own worst critics and you just had Cellulaze so now is the time for some patient waiting.  Cellulaze treats cellulite but also can tighten and thicken the skin as a result of heating the tissue during treatment.  With increased elasticity and tissue tightening you may be quite pleased in a few months with the improvements to your knee and thigh area.  Wait at least 6 months before you consider something else.  If after 6 months you still feel like you need help with that area perhaps some type of non-surgical contouring will be an option (Tru-Sculpt, Coolsculpting, Exilis, Thermage).  When the time comes, if you want more improvement, schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is knowledgeable about both surgical and non-surgical options. Hang in there.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Cellulaze to smooth out skin

+1

It looks like you will benefit from having Cellulaze to the anterior thighs. This will help to smooth out the skin while keeping it cellulite-free.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite Treatment

+1
Thank you for your question. If you just received the procedure today, know that your cellulite could look worse immediately following treatment. The final results will unfold over the next 3-6 months. Give it time, it is very likely that you will be pleased with your final result. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Knee Contouring

+1

Dear Aging Maven,

Thank you for sharing your story.

I would recommend that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation of your concerns and treatment options. A physical examination is an important part of your evaluation.

Based on your email and photo, a few thoughts come to mind:

1) You described your knees as "horrific" looking. What specifically do you dislike about the appearance of your knees?

2) If you just had Cellulaze performed around your knees, I would wait at least six to nine months to see the results, and re-evaluate your concerns then.

3) Potential treatment options for further contouring include a combination of skin tightening and fat reduction, eg. liposuction, laser liposuction, external skin tightening.

4) A thigh lift is excellent for contouring the thighs but generally less effective for the knees.

Hope this helps.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD