What Procedure or Product Will Benefit Removing Wrinkly Skin and Sagging Stomach? Age 27 Female (photo)

I am 27 and I have had 2 live babies born (ages 2 and 5) and 1 still birth as a teen at week 23. I am 5'2'' and 115lbs. I am active and at a good weight for my height, but my stomach is really bad. I have lots of scarring and my skin is very wrinkled and hangs. I do lots of abdominal exercises and I use Palmer's cocoa butter lotion on a daily basis. Is there any product or procedure that can help this problem?

Body Contouring surgery is highly successful

+1

Hi there-

Please understand that a responsible recommendation would require that we meet to talk about your lifestyle and goals, and for performance of a physical examination...

From the photos you posted, it looks like you would benefit greatly from a well-done body contouring procedure. There are many techniques available, but again- I can't give you a more clear or firm recommendation responsibly without examining you.

Please be aware that the details of the procedure should be something you decide on ONLY with the help of a talented Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who HAS met with you and examined you.

Tummy tuck

+1

You appear to be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck. I think you would get an excellent result, but make sure you have a FULL tummy tuck, not a mini.  It may be tempting to opt for a mini tuck, but the result will be disappointing. You should consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Unfortunately, there is no cream, laser, or other miracle treatment that will be of any benefit, so don't bother with them.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck and there is no product or non surgical treatment that will correct your problem. It is best to wait until you are sure you will not have any more pregnancies before doing the procedure. By all means do not fall for the hype that is out there about skin rollers , light treatments, etc, because you will waste your money.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tightening the Tummy

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your concerns are typical for someone who has had children.  After childbirth, the abdominal muscles are separated and the skin elasticity is reduced so the only procedure that will help you get the "tight tummy" is a tummy tuck surgery.

The tummy tuck procedure not only tightens the abdominal muscles but also removes the damaged skin in the abdominal area.

Make sure that you visit with well experienced plastic surgeons who can show you examples of their work.  This is a large surgery 

Abdominal contouring after pregnancy

+1

You will likely be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with liposuctioning of your waist.  A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. Both men and women are finding that tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.

Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. If, like many other patients, you are interested in an overall body rejuvenation, tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction.

Patients choose abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, including:

•Excess abdominal skin following weight loss
•Weight gain (beer belly or spare tire) from a sedentary lifestyle
•Abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise
•Stretched stomach muscles from pregnancy
•Desire for a thinner profile
•Desire to look younger and fitter
•Desire to fit into clothes better

Please visit with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck would be best

+1

Liposuction and all the skin tightening therapies like Thermage, Ulthera etc would not be useful to your situation.  The elasticity of your skin has been damaged by the stretching of pregnancy.  A tummy tuck is your best option so please meet with the best plastic surgeons in your area to discuss this and learn all about it.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck options

+1

This photo is classic for a women who has had several children.  There is excess skin in the lower abdomen and likely a lower abdominal pouching if she included a profile picture.  This is generally addressed by some version of a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  There are many variations to this operation which depend on the exact anatomy.  Each surgery takes a different length of time and is probably a different price.  

Liposuction alone does not work well in these scenarios because it will not address the excess skin. 

1. Mini Tummy tuck -leaves a low shorter scar with all the work done below the belly button.  It address only excess skin in this area and the skin can not be too severe. $

2. Standard tummy tuck hip to hip low scar with an additional scar around the belly button this address the extra skin and lower abdominal pouch.  the rectus muscles (6 pack muscles) are brought back together to restore a flat abdomen.  $$

3.  Extended tummy tuck- the same as the standard but the scar extends beyond the hip bone and onto the flanks.  This is used to address increased amount of skin and fat excess of the lower abdomen. $$$

4. Circumferential abdominoplasty- The same as an tummy tuck but extends the scar 360degrees around the patient.  This is typically done follow massive weight loss or in inpatients with severe excess skin.  $$$$$

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty options

+1
From your photographs I can not see you upper abdomen well, but it appears that you may benefit from a mini-abdominoplasty since your loose skin appears to be low on the abdomen. You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkly skin treatment

+1

You need a real tummy tuck in my opinion. Too much excess skin for any of the non-surgical machines. Don't waste your money. Plan for the real deal and you'll be happier in the end. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD