What Procedure is Best to Help Neck Area Under Chin?

I have some under neck issues - that I know are genetic. I am 53, good health - what would be my best option? It doesn't matter how thin I am - my face always looks fat.

Procedures to fix "neck issues"

+1

Aging changes in the face at age 53 typically involves loose skin, loose muscle tissue and some fat accumulation that's usually a result of genetic predisposition. A neck lift, which tightens the skin and muscles and reduces the fat content is likely the best procedure. A second choice would be liposuction or liposuction and tightening of the platysma muscle in the neck. This choice would have to be be made by you and your surgeon after a thorough examination and discussion of what would work best for your face.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Procedure that best addresses aging neck and face

+1

It appears from the picture that there is some submental fat present, which may be addressed through a neck lift.  If there is excess skin at age 53, a face/neck lift will have to be performed to address skin laxity.  Simple liposuction is inadequate for this type of situation because some of the fat that is present in the submental area is subplatysmal fat, not supraplatysmal fat.  Subplatysmal fat does not respond to traditional liposuction and will need to be surgically sculpted out of the neck.  

Neck Lift, Face Lift, and Pre-Jowl Implant

+1

Hi Chin girl,

Have a neck lift, facelift, and pre-jowl implant, and you will proudly be able to "keep your chin up". Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Chin and neck aging

+1

At 53 you most likely need some sort of submental fat excision of lipsocution and a lift. This will also help the jowl area as well.

Chin/Neck Aging

+1

Don't beat yourself up over your full face. This is a good thing. Fat in the face gives it youth. As for the neck the options depend on what you really want to achieve. You do have moderate jowls. So if you want this addressed as when then a face lift is in order.

But if you just want the neck addressed than a neck lift with removal of some fat from below the chin with tightening and lifting of the muscles with give you the best result. Procedures that are performed using just an incision under the chin are good for patients in their 20's to early 40's but aren't usually successful after this.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Best result for under the chin correction

+1

To get your best results for the problems under your chin, you should consider having a facelift, necklift, platysmal tightening (we prefer the NeckLace procedure), and filler (we prefer LiveFill) for the area around the mouth. A cheeklift would help the area below the eyes.

Doing liposuction alone will not correct the loose skin or tighten the deep layer.

A minilift alone will not readjust the deeper tissues properly.

Leaving the mouth and area around themouth alone will neglect the volume loss around the mouth and create a dysharmony.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Indications for a Neck Lift

+1

A combination of procedures can be used on the neck, depending on your anatomy and willingness for more invasive procedures. If you just have a full neck, oftentimes liposuction alone can achieve a nice result. However, in most cases, a combination of liposuction and a neck lift or lower facelift will achieve the best results. Based on your pictures, this seems like the best procedure for you. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Procedure to rejuvenate your neck

+1

Based on your age and your photo I would strongly recommend a fascelift, or cheek and neck lift (same thing) to give you the best neck you can have. Liposuction or a neck lift alone won't work because you have too much lax skin present. You can have a beautiful neck with a well done facelift.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Best Procedure for Neck

+1

Your picture shows a combination of mild to moderate jowl formation and aging changes in the neck (cervical obliquity). I agree with Dr. Mayer that you would be best served by having a Facelift (mid face, jowl elevation, neck re-contouring) by an experienced Facelift surgeon. A minimal incision neck lift and/or a mini lift will likely leave you underwhelmed.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best procedure for the aging face and neck.

+1

From your photos, the procedure which will give you the best result is one that removes excess skin and fat from the face and neck. In other words, a full face lift. This will improve your neck and jowls which a mini lift will not do. See an experienced facelift surgeon who does natural appearing results.