Procedure for Nasolabial Folds After Weight Loss?

Hi, I'm a male in my 20's. I was obese and lately I lost some weight and I've noticed my nasolabial folds are more noticeable now and they make me look sad and tired all the time. So, I decided to do something about it, I'm just not sure what would be best: a filler, a deep peeling, Microdermabrasion etc. Please give me your opinion in what you think that would fix them, or make them look better. Thanks.

Fillers for folds

+2

Congratulations of the weight loss! The best thing to do for somewhat prominent nasolabial folds at yoru age would be some sort of filler material to camouflage the area.

Nasolabial fold filler

+2

From the photo I would say your best bet is a filler. You can choose between all the fillers available but in this area I prefer Radiesse. It lasts the longest and my patients have been very happy with it.

Aaron Stone, MD

Radiesse for Nasolabial Folds

+2

My experience is that Radiesse offers the greatest combination of correction and longevity with immediate results for the nasolabial folds. Hyaluronic acid fillers also provide correction, but are less volume efficient and last for less time than Radiesse.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds after weight loss

+2

When volume is lost, either by weight loss or by aging, the solution is to replace the volume where ever possible.

On a temporary basis, hyaluronic acids such as Juvederm work well and are quite safe.

On a more permanent basis, fat injection, or in our practice untraumatized fat-fascial grafts (LiveFill(R)) are our first choice.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Fillers do great for the nasolabial grooves

+2

Filling in the nasolabial grooves is easy and looks great. Juvederm or Restylane ($550 per syringe) or Radiesse ($650 per syringe) are easy to undergo but you probably need 2 syringes to look the best. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds after weight loss

+2

I would suggest filler to the nasolabial folds and/or cheeks. Any of the hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane), Radiesse or Sculptra would work.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Microdermabrasion will do nothing for your nasolabial folds

+2

Dear Pal20

The safest solution for you are the temporary fillers that persist for about a year or more. These will include products like Restylane, Perlane, and possibly Radiesse. You may be offered silicone oil which is cheap and lasts forever. This filler will destroy your face so don't be tempted by the low price. Because weight can change it is important to have a filler that does not last forever because what you need now may not be what you need 2 years from now.

Fillers best for the nasolabial fold

+1

Fillers are your best answer to improve the nasolabial folds. A natural effect of aging is loss of the soft tissue in this area, and most patients with mild to moderate folds respond very well to fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, and Scultptra.

Deep peeling will not appreciably improve your concern. Neither will microdermabrasion.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers are the best option for nasolabial folds

+1

In a new patient, my preference is Juvederm as it's very smooth and is reversible if for some reason you don't like it. The newer Juvederm products, just released have local anesthetic mixed in for a more comfortable injection.

Other options are more permanent fillers, inlcluding your own fat.

Darrick E. Antell, MD