Would I Need a Procedure Along with my Rhinoplasty to Maintain Symmetry with my Face Such As a Lip Lift? (photo)

I'm REALLY worried that I will end up looking like some character out of a Dr. Seuss book. My nose is pretty round and bulbous. Although it isn't too drastic of a nosejobjob, but realistically, I would really like it to look (SOMEWHAT) more like a better version of Chris Colfer's nose because we are very similar looking already. Any help in appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Would I Need a Procedure Along with my Rhinoplasty to Maintain Symmetry with my Face Such As a Lip Lift? (

+2

Not, in my aesthetic judgement.  Your chin, jawline and lips all are great.  Thin the nasal tip with a Rhinoplasty and call it a day.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal beauty) for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.  

Is a lip lift needed along with rhinoplasty?

+1

Conservative narrowing of your nose shouldn't create facial asymmetry. You may be noticing that your upper lip is relatively long (compared with Chris Colfer). This wouldn't necessarily change with rhinoplasty.

A lip lift could be considered if you wanted to shorten this distance. This involves placing an incision under the base of your nose and excising some intervening skin. My link below outlines more details of the surgical options.

A lip lift procedure can be done at the same time as rhinoplasty or staged and done afterward in the office using just a local numbing medicine injection.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty and Facial Symmetry

+1

A rhinoplasty will not change symmetry (or lack of) in the rest of your facial features. Well-done surgery will improve your nose and facial attractiveness. You will not look like a 'character' if you have just a rhinoplasty. Enjoy your new nose.