What Procedure Would I Need & What is my Expected Cost? (photo)

Hi, I am hoping to be able to get a nose job in the future, I have a wide nose. My nostrils are large and very wide for my face, I just want to have them reduced in size. I like everything else about my nose even my round tip, I just want the nostrils to be smaller and less wide. What procedure would you recommend with a general estimate of cost?

Expectation or Rhinoplasty

+2

Hello and thank you for your question.

The procedure that would be employed to narrow the width of your nose is called an alar base resection. This is a procedure I commonly perform in the office under local anesthesia with minimal down time after the procedure.  I would recommend that you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon that can examine you and discuss the procedure with you in person.

Best of luck to you.

Nostril reduction

+1

Nostril reduction is a straightforward procedure that can be done under local anesthesia and would probably be $2500 to $3000.  I think you would get a nice result but would get even a better result if you have your tip refined also to give it more definition.  The procedure you refer to is known as an alar wedge resection.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

What Rhinoplasty Procedure Do I Need?

+1

It is difficult to do a complete analysis with just 2 frontal views of your nose. However, narrowing your tip and the alar base will improve your nose. It appears that you are a little wide at the junction of your nasal bones and your cheeks. Costs will be clear after an examination of your nose by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon but will range between $4,000-9,000. 

What Procedure Would I Need & What is my Expected Cost?

+1

You might need a form of cosmetic rhinoplasty, but only in person detailed examination can determine the exact type of operation needed. As for fees the range from $4,500 to $10,000. 

Rhinoplasty is Just What the Doctor Ordered to Reduce Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

Hi Libra,

I would recommend a rhinoplasty, likely through an external approach incision using sutures to narrow and refine your tip.  The cost of the procedure will vary depending upon the estimated time in the operating room, anesthesia costs, and the skill and experience of your surgeon.  Most importantly, take your time to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Cost of a rhinoplasty

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve narrowing the bulbous tip with suturing techniques of the tip cartilages, an alar-plasty would narrow the nostrils and osteotomies would narrow the nasal bones. This can all be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient surgical procedure.  Please see the link below for our photo gallery and price list

Changing the Appearance of the nose

+1

You have a very lovely face, and overall your nose is very natural and unobtrusive.  However, I can see there are some things that could be subtly changed to improve it.  Although you just want a reduction in the nostril width, a consultation with an expert surgeon could show you through imaging how your nose would look with a variety of changes. I believe that if your nostrils were narrowed and nothing else, your nose would go from being natural and balanced to abnormal and out of balance. 

Doing 'more', or making additional changes to other aspects of your nose will not make you look 'more operated on' or 'fake', but in fact the opposite, it will keep your nose in harmony with itself and your face.  Find a few qualified surgeons and look at their photos.  

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+1

Alar base reduction may be $1000 or $2000 or so on the low end.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA