What Procedure Do I Need to Have my Belly Button Fixed? (photo)

I have had three children and I am ready to get my body back. My belly button is a mess, I would like to have the excess skin removed from above it and scaring below it. Is that possible? Also, can I have the scars from an ectopic pregnancy removed?

Belly Button Issues and Removal of Abdominal Scars with Tummy Tuck

+1

The belly button and abdominal scars can be removed with a tummy tuck, but you may not have enough loose tissue to create a tummy tuck you would like.  An exam will be necessary.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

From your photos it is not clear if you have enough extra skin to benefit from a tummy tuck.  This could be determined on examination only.  If you do, then you can reshape your belly button and get rid of the other scars seen in the pictures at the same time.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Funny belly button

+1

You really need to decide on what kind of result you wish to have.  Your goals and expectations would determine just what procedure would work best for you.  Talk to your local plastic surgeon to review the options and risks of each procedure.  And don't forget to understand what their revision policy is as it si common for tummy tucks to leave residuals that can benefit from revisions.

Curtis Wong, MD

Belly buttons are often distorted with pregnancy and with prior piercings.

+1

An exam is required to give you advice. However, your concerns are shared by many. Isolated skin surgery around the navel is possible but often falls short of the improvements that most patients want and need. During a consultation you can learn what issues you may be able to improve on your own and what surgical procedures are available to improve the contours of your abdomen. 

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

What procedure for my belly button?

+1

It sounds like from your brief description that you would benefit froma tummy tuck. However, without an exam it is impossible to say for sure.

Belly button repair after pregnancy or childbirth

+1

Usually it is best to have a tummy tuck and umbilical hernia repair to fix the problems you describe.

It is very unwise to perform large skin removals around the belly button.  While cases such as this can be revised, it is quite difficult and the results only approach what could have been done initially.

For patients who have had a limited weight gain, there are several hybrid procedures between the mini tummy tuck and the full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) that may be helpful.

Brent Moelleken, MD

What Procedure Do I Need to Have my Belly Button Fixed?

+1

Hard to answer without a photo. From your description is sounds like a full tummy tuck would be the best option.Often all the skin from navel down is removed, so if the ectopic scar is contained there, it may be gone. The TT scars include one around the navel, and another in the lower abdomen.

Best advice would be to seek an in person consultation.When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Belly Button Repair

+1

Thanks for posting the question.  Without having photos, it is difficult to be exact in my answer.  However, it sounds from your description that a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) my be an option for you.  With this procedure, excess skin, loose abdominal muscles and stretched-out belly buttons are typically repaired all at once.  Best wishes.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+1

Hello 'momhelp', thanks for your question.  Multiple pregnancies can lead to significant changes to your body.  The hormonal surges and large shifts in body mass and weight can lead to stretch marks and loose skin, excessive fat deposits, and weak abdominal muscles from stretched out fascia.  The ravages of pregnancy can really take a toll on women's bodies.  One of the most common aesthetic rejuvenation procedures performed today is the Mommy Makeover procedure.  Depending on each patient's unique issues, this surgery usually entails a combination of breast augmentation and/or lift, liposuction, and tummy tuck with belly button tailoring.  Based on where your prior scars are, many times these can be removed with the actual abdominal pannus removal.  Without seeing an actual photo of you, it is difficult to ascertain what procedures would give you the best aesthetic result, and which scars can be removed safely.  If you are interested in finding out more about body contouring surgery, I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can do a full physical examination and review your options with you.  Hope that helps! -Dr.92660.

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sounds like you may benefit from an abdominoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question.  If you have skin and soft tissue laxity of the abdomen up to and above the belly button it may be that you would benefit from a tummy tuck.  An abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) would remove excess skin, allow the abdominal wall to be tightened, and the belly button to be rejuvenated.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD