Procedure for Lowering Eyebrows?

Hi, My eyebrows are very high, and are higher in the middle of my face than the sides of my face, which just makes it looks like im half surprised but half droopy eyebrowed. i have tried botox before to weaken the muscle, but it did not help. i'd like to lower the inner brow area but leave the outer brow area, like the photo. i am male and 22. hoping this is possible! thanks

Lowering eyebrows

+1

I think a consultation is in order to see exactly what you want and to evaluate your anatomy to see if this can be achieved.

Eyebrow elevation - lift

+1

Your single posted photo is out of focus and is not useful in making an adequate assessment of your current condition. I am not so sure that your eyebrows are too high but I am sure that the eyebrows in your example photo are too low. It may be that your eyebrows rise too high with animation and that is a different story. In some patients excess upper eyelid skin and/or upper eyelid drooping can cause a reflex arc that makes you lift your eyebrows higher than normal. You need to be examined by a qualified surgeon face to face in order to assess your current condition and recommend a plan of action. That cannot be done in the current post a question get a response format.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Misshapen eyebrows

+1

You need to see cosmetic surgeon to determine if this is really a problem. I don't think selective site Botox will work. but, to be sure see a qualified surgeon

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

A couple of issues.

+1

First, you need a personal consultation to actually physically examine what is going on.  A blurry photo posted on the internet just does not cut the mustard.

Second, while it is possible that an upper blepharoplasty might cause your eyebrows to relax and sit at a lower point relative to the orbital rim, there could be no guarantee that this surgery would be successful.  It is simply not sufficiently predictable.  So this would entail a significant element of risk.

It is also possible that while I agree you have an issue, you might also have body dysmorphic disorder.  This would need to be explored in a consultation.  Having this condition does not mean that you don't have a legitimate aesthetic concern, it just makes it even less likely that you will be happy with the results of surgery.