What Procedure Can Help my Insanely Puffy Eyes?

I am 17 years old and have been suffering with puffy eyes my entire life. I have consulted countless doctors and no one has been able to help find the cause or a cure for them. I need to do something about them because I have lost all my confidence and I feel surgery is my only option. What procedure could help me? Thanks, Kaitelynn

Puffy eyes

+1

Hi

You are young and appear to have a chronic condition which has exacerbations.  Do not jump into surgery - but do see an oculoplastic specialist who can identify factors and possible conditions which are causing your concerns.  Medications, and maybe eventual surgery may be the answer.  The first step is an evaluation by a qualified physician

Best

Dr. Massry

Puffy eyelids

+1

I would suggest to see an ophthalmologist first to rule out any allergy/hypersensitivity problem. Once the redness/inflammation has been sorted, a very conservative blepharoplasty will improve the appearance.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Swollen puffy eyes and eyelid surgery

+1

Your lower eyelids appear puffy, red and swollen.  While it's possible at 17 to have excess lower eylid fat...this does not present as red and irritated skin.  Have you had consults with an allergist and internist to rule out medical causes as, IMHO eyelid surgery does not seem to be the answer.

There is no substitute for an actual consultation.

+1

Kaitelynn

You may have a condition known as blepharochlasis which is an inflammatory condition that effects the eyes with swelling that comes and goes.  There is some blood work that can be done to investigate this condition.  I would recommend that your pediatrician or family practice doctor refer you to a University based oculoplastic surgoen for an assessment.