What Procedure Will Help Me? (photo)

I am 5'2 119 lbs, 2 kids. My diet is low carb and I walk/run on treadmill 20 min 4 to 5 times a week. I have never had a nice tummy. Always had fat and cellulite. Even before kids. I tried coolsculpting July 2012, waste of $$, did not work. Considering TT but not sure I wanna go through all of that! Help?!

Patient Selection

+1
Coolsculpting is an effective nonsurgical fat reduction treatment. However, patient selection is key. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers both surgical options and coolsculpting to understand your options.

CoolSculpting

+1

CoolSculpting is not a treatment for cellulite and it is also not a treatment for loose skin.  QWithout a consultation it is impossible to know what is best for you, but it is possible that skin excision of some kind, tummy tuck, etc. might provide the results you re hoping to acheive

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting assessment

+1

It is difficult to assess a photo for Coolsculpting given that we need to put our hands on your fat, pinch the skin and assess the character of your fat. That is the best way to find out if you are a candidate.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Procedure to Flatten Your Stomach

+1

Based on the photos that you have posted, it looks like a tummy tuck will be the best option for your tummy.  Because of the loose skin and the fact that you have had 2 children, abdominoplasty will be the procedure that gives you the best results.

I suggest that you visit with board certified plastic surgeons to get more information regarding the tummy tuck surgery.  Removal of excess skin and adipose tissue as well as the muscle work involved in the tummy tuck procedure is what gives patients a very nice tummy.

Best Procedure for Stomach

+1
Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, a tummy tuck would be your best option. This procedure would leave your skin taught and your stomach flat. Before any procedure, it is important to consult with an experienced board-certified surgeon to determine the best course of action. Best of luck with your procedure. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Tummy Tuck is the best option

+1

You can always have lipo to remove fat, but since the skin has already be stretched out, you will just be left with loose skin. A tummy tuck will leave you with a scar, but it will be hidden below your underwear line,  but in return, you will have a completely flat abdomen. 

Alejandro Enriquez de Rivera, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting vs liposuction vs Tummy Tuck for fat loss or flat tummy

+1

Some patients have a combination of a loose connective tissue envelope around their stomach muscle that allows the muscle to bow forward especially if there is an abundance of fat around the intestinal tract in the abdominal cavity. REduction of fat via diet and exercise will help that. If however, the muscle is distended forward without much fat behind the muscle wall then a tummy tuck will be necessary to tighten the muscle and make the abdomen flatter. Many of these patients, however, also have an enlarged subcutaneous compartment of fat above the muscle wall. Liposuction can help that but I am not a fan of patients having tummy tucks the same day as liposuction or soon thereafter for medical risk reasons. CoolSculpting might give someone a better result than they had depending if it done again with multiple applicators and positioned expertly for the best result, possibly overlapping. Some patients might need seven applicators for just the abdomen, or even more, and the treatment maight need to be repeated in four to six weeks, once or twice, to get a great result.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD