Droopy Mouth, Concerned With Chin and Jaw line? (photo)

I am a 28 yo female who is concerned with my chin and jawline area as well as the "droopiness" of my mouth. I would like to avoid surgery if possible. Would like to know what the best procedure would be to fix this? I've been told smartlipo of chin/neck, fillers in nasio folds, lip injections, mini facelift, or filler along jawline and in chin? Please help!

Chin Implant with Liposuction

+1

Dear ATZOE123,

I think the best solution for you is to have chin augmentation with implant which will lengthen your jawline and put the lower third of your face into better balance with the rest of your face as well as  liposuction of the neckline.

Computer imaging is very helpful in our office to demonstrate this to patients. When looking at a woman’s profile, we like to pass a straight line through the midpoint of the nose profile extending past the front of the upper lip. We like to see a man’s chin hit that extended line and a woman’s chin come within 4 mm of it. In your case, your chin is recessive, and it would put much better balance to strengthen the chin with an implant. It can be placed via an intraoral route with you asleep as a day surgery procedure by pulling the lower lip forward and making a small pocket in the front of the jawline. The chin implants are a solid silicone material, so there is no gel to leak or encapsulate further and simply stays in permanently.

This frequently makes a much more balanced and “stronger look” on both full-face view and the profile. I find likewise that if you bump into someone you haven’t seen for a couple of years they will immediately recognize you but think “she looks better than I remember and I am not sure why”.

Good luck to you.
Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Chin implant and neck lift

+1
  A chin implant will give more projection to the chin area by insertion of a  small Silastic implant through incision underneath the chin area. Liposuction and contouring of the neck with removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle give rejuvenation to the neck area without removing any skin. Facelift is not necessary. Please see the link below for examples a neck lift and chin implant in our practice

Droopy Mouth, Concerned With Chin and Jaw line?

+1

The chin is quite weak and a Chin Augmentation wioth a Chin Implant would be able to balance the entire lower face.  A facelift, of any kind, is not warranted in my opinion as you don't have evidence of jowling on your face.  The cheeks could be more round and full...which can be done with filler (I prefer Perlane).