I have a tight stomach but my obliques are too large. Procedure for smaller waist without involving the abdominals? (Photo)

I like my core, its tight and defined. However I'd like more curvature in my waist. More of an hourglass shape. Is there a procedure that can only focus on my sides (obliques) and not my core?

Liposuction

+1

Based on the photos provided Liposuction may provide the results you are looking for, my advice is to consult with a local plastic surgeon that specializes in body contouring.

Improve waist

+1

You photos show that you have little or not excess fat and well defined muscles. But your lower abdomen is mildly prominent. An exam is needed of course but a mini-tummy tuck to tighten the lower rectus muscles seems likely to pull in your obliques. This problem tends to be inherited.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

I have a tight stomach but my obliques are too large. Procedure for smaller waist without involving the abdominals?

+1

Liposuction of the sides will produce a reduction in waist size and more of an hourglass shape.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Shrinking -Narrowing Waist? (photos)

+1

Only if you've had children and your waist is redundant (which it does not appear to be) could epigastric plication of your anterior rectus sheath be performed percutaneously through the belly button (umbilicus).  Determinants of your shape in this area are multiple, including structure of ribs, pelvis, musculofascial bulk, fat distribution, and probably vertebral column and visceral (internal organ) anatomy.   Although cosmetic removal of lower rib(s) has been reported, I've never done it, and believe you'll have a hard time finding a surgeon in the U.S. who'll do it.

If you are as fit, trim, and lean as you look in the photos, my suggested possibility to make the waist appear more narrow (if you've not already done it) is breast augmentation.  If you've not had children, defer consideration of abdominoplasty or modified abdominoplasty to narrow waist until after pregnancies.

Steve Laverson, MD