Which Procedure for Pubic Area? (photo)

I am a 40 yo mom of 2 kids (c-sections). I am very healthy, 5'7", 158 pounds. I'm in the process of losing weight and have 13 lbs to go. I absolutely hate the chubby area around my pubic bone. It is quite embarrassing and noticeable is all clothing, especially bathing suits, but even jeans. As you can see from the photos, my c-section scar is also bumpy, but my biggest concern is the mons. Would a tummy tuck be the only way to go or are there other procedures that would be effective? Thank you!

Update: Photos added

Pubic Fullness and a prominent Mons addressed during Tummy Tuck with a pubic-lift

+2

A prominent mons can cause many problems with the fit of clothing and is a significant area of concern for many women who have had children or undergone large massive weight-loss.  Occasionally, when drooping of the mons is not a concern, simple liposuction can alleviate the problem.  But more often, there is some skin laxity in the pubic area in addition to the fullness.  In such cases, a pubic-lift is performed at the time of the tummy tuck surgery.  The tummy tuck incision is kept low (which allows for a lift of the mons by removing excess skin).  If there is excess fullness after this is done, liposuction of the mons is performed during the same operation. Bottom line, with some planning with your surgeon, you should be able to have the problem corrected. RB

Tummy Tuck and Large Mons?

+1

The tummy tuck by itself does not resolve a bulky mons area.  Additional Liposuction of this area is necessary to debulk the area.

Which Procedure

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. It looks like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and Mons-plasty, which would resect some excess Mons skin and suction out some excess fat. If the abdomen does not bother you, then a lesser procedure just addressing the lower abdomen and pubic area could be done, albeit with the same incision.

Tummy Tuck Combined with Mons Reduction

+1

You would do well with a tummy tuck that is combined with liposuction of the mons and also incorporates a lift. That is marked out before surgery to include those elements as part of your tummy tuck. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Which Procedure for Pubic Area?

+1

There are options but I recommend a short scar excision and liposuction of the pubic area. Best to obtain in person evaluations. 

Procedure for pubic area

+1

Thank you for the question and the pictures. The pubic area from the picture has excess fat and ptosis. The treatment is tummy tuck. During the procedure the the pubic area is liposuction is performed to remove the excess fat. In your case if you lose the weight you may not need to have the fat removed. The skin of the pubic area will then have to be lifted. This is performed by appropriate marking of the abdomen before the surgery were the scar is placed low in abdomen which will allow the pubic skin to move to its appropriate level. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Treatment of the mons pubis can be with a tummy tuck or lipo

+1

Mons pubis can be treated with liposuction, however when it seems like it will leave behind excess loose skin, skin tightening is the way to go.  A tummy tuck will do that.  If you do not want to get a tummy tuck, then simply excision of the skin itself will do.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Pubic area

+1

I cant see any photographs but I could tell you that it is not uncommon to need a skin or skin and fat rescection with or without lipo in this area also

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Pubic area.

+1

For some reason I cannot see your photo, but based on your description it sure sounds like you are a good candidate for tummy tuck. The pubic area will improve with TT alone, but may need a little liposuction to reduce the volume some more. Consult a PS and seek their opinion. Good luck, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

During an in-person consultation, your surgeon can determine if the area you're unhappy with is mostly due to fat or just loose skin.  This can make the choice for you between liposuction or a tummy tuck with a pubic lift, or, in some scenarios, a combination of both procedures can serve you well.

Norman M. Rowe, MD