Best Procedure for my Droopy Eyes? (photo)

I´m only twenty but really concerned about the heavy and droopy look of my eyes.If I rise up my brows and open more my eyes,my face completely changes and that´s how I like it but if I relax my face muscles I look like in the picture. Perhaps in the picture it doesn´t look so bad because it´s only the eyes area but in real life it does. What do I need?Just blepharoplasty or brow lift aswell?In case of a browlift,which one do you recommend?I want a procedure that lasts. Thank you in advance!

Droopy eyelids

+3

Dear zwan,

• Considering your age and your pic, you might be better waiting a little bit for more skin to occur and remove
  • It would be a very conservative upper blepharoplasty that you would need
  • The alternative is to try some Botox or Dysport in the crow's feet areas, as well as under the brow, to open the eyes
  • These products work great and would probably give you the results you are looking for until you are ready for surgery

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Droopy heavy eyelids

+2

Afternoon zwan,

upper eyelid surgery or a blepharoplasty could open your eyes more and give you a nice improvement. However I do see room for a brow lift but it's difficult to say what type it is the photograph is very limited. One other thing to note is that the volume or size of your eye socket may be different on two sides meeting that the eye itself on the right side may be in a slightly different position than the left. This may not really change the plan for you and it's still important to note. Good evaluation with a good facial plastic surgeon or Oculoplastic surgeon.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery in young woman

+2

I think that an upper eyelid  blepharoplasty could give the improvement you seek in spite of your youth.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Young patients with Droopy Eyelids

+2

Hi. You may consider Botox injections first to see if you like the amount of elevation of the brow you can get. Frequently, Botox will provide enough lift to give a very nice appearance of the upper lids. Otherwise a conservative upper eyelid surgery is likely to recreate the look which you like when you raise your brows. The eyelid surgery gives a longer lasting result. Botox would require repeat injections 3-4 times per year

Michael Horn, MD

Brow and Droopy Eyes

+1

A one sided brow lift or Botox to one side may be appropriate in a case of asymmetric brows.  Whether or not upper eyelid surgery would be necessary could be assessed on exam or after Botox trial period.  Find the plastic surgeon with elite credentials to help you with these concerns.

Procedure for droopy eyes

+1

A brow lift is not indicated in this particular case due to the adequate distance between the eyelashes and the eyebrows.  There is a significant asymmetry of the lids and eyebrows; the patient’s right eyebrow being lower than the left eyebrow.  Asymmetrical upper eyelid surgery can be performed to give more symmetry to the upper lids and would involve more skin and fat taken from the patient’s right upper eyelid to make it look more similar to the left upper lid.

Browlift for Droopy Eyelids

+1

In general, I avoid browlifts on young patients, but there may be some value in bringing up the brows a bit.  However, I do feel that some of your heavy eyelid skin is contributing to that look over what you complain.  Both of these procedures can be done under local anesthesia and oral sedation, so I recommend you make plans to be a bit flexible until the time you meet with your surgeon.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids

+1

I agree that you are too young without enough concern to consider surgical correction at this time.  I recommend that you try Botox to lift the brows and provide some symmetry.  In addition, you might want to look into Ultherapy for a long lasting, non surgical browlift.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon