What Procedure Do I Need to Do for Minor Acne Spots and Brown Spots?

I have only a few freckles and about 6 reddish colored scars left over from acne. What would you recommend? I have light olive skin and have sensitive skin.

Hello

+1

There is a few different options for patients with acne scars. You can do Laser's there is Profractional Laser, Micro laser peel or even a mini face lift to stretch the skin out. If your acne scars are not to bad yo can also do a VIPEEL, it removes the first layer of your skin. It all depends how much improvement you are looking for. You need to see a PS to go over your options. You should read about the procedure I mentioned and do some research to see what would benefit you the best.

Acne reddish scars and how to treat them

+1

For red scars one option is to use Intense Pulse Light or some other laser modality that attacks red lesions like the V beam.  You can also think about the option of laser resurfacing.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expert over Modality

+1

There are a number of modalities that can work. The first choice would be to select 2 -3 surgeons/facilities in your area with a good reputation.  Once you find a surgeon that you like/trust and who understands your objectives, then you will be able to follow his/her recommendation.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Laser Genesis would be good

+1

I would recommend Laser Genesis treatments. They are great treatments for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (the brown and red spots leftover from acne) as well as general tone and texture. They are also very comfortable procedures. The machine is made by Cutera so you can search their site for a local office. I wouldn't recommend the IPL that goes with this machine, though, so just make sure you ask for the Laser Genesis only - the IPL on that machine isn't very good and it's painful!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD