What is Best Procedure for Mild Sagging in Lower Face and Below Eyes?

I have minor sagging in jaw area and very moderately loose skin all over. I like the way my face looks when I pull the skin back slightly in jaw and pull up skin in upper cheekbone region. However, I am perfectly content with my neck. I am 45 with thin fair skin. Is there a lift that is right for me? As I posed in a previous question, fillers have resulted in lumps lower down and edema in eye area so I don't want to go that route. Thanks in advance!

Mild Sagging of Jowls and Cheeks

+1

A facelift is probably what you need, and you appear to have diagnosed this already.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Jaw sagging andlooseness

+1

This sounds like a mini lift and fat frafting to fill in the sagging areas.This is a common early aging pattern and in most cases the neck doesnt need to be addresed.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

+1

This seems a perfect scenario for a minimal incision type Face Lift.

1. Small incisions
  2. Rapid recovery time 
  3. Can be performed in 90 minutes with or without anesthesia
  4. Patients are free to fly back home all over the worlds in as little as 3 days post-op

Typically, we combine this with aesthetic shaping of the face with fillers and or implants to the cheeks, whichever is more appropriate in each specific case.

Limited Facelift For Lower Facial Sagging

+1

You may be a candidate for a limited facelift without a neck lift. People with fair skin often come to our office in New York with this concern (particularly when they are thin). Since facial aging is a combination of volume loss (bone, muscle, and fat) as well as sagging of skin and deeper tissue, it is important to determine the right procedure for you. It sounds like performing a face lift (addressing the sagging skin) would create the right structure so if you need volume enhancement with fillers, the skin will be more resilient and you will probably require less volume correction. A proper consultation with a qualified doctor is recommended.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Mild Facial Sagging

+1

Mild facial loose skin can be treated with various treatments.  The options include restoring facial volume with fat or Sculptra.  Other options are face lift or non-operative skin tightening treatments. An evaluation by your doctor will determine which are the most appropriate treatment options. 

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Facial fillers and volumizers might be an option

+1

Hi.  Depending on the amount of volume loss and skin laxity, you may want to consider non surgical options such as Radiesse or Juvederm fillers combined with Sculptra volumizer.  These options would not replace a mini or full facelift but maybe buy you a few years until surgical intervention is necessary.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Jowls and loose skin

+1

Hi,

At your age with your complaints, you are a perfect candidate for a mini-facelift. This will tighten any loose skin and correct your jowling. Also, if you do this earlier than later, you wont need a full face lift, just minor touch ups over 7 to 10 years.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

What the lift for Me?

+1

there are so many names for the same basic operation that anyone can get confused. a straightfoward facelift is probably what you need. the actual details make the different names. see a good PS in your area. get a second and third opinion and then choose wisely. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Best option

+1

If you are content with your neck, I would suggest a Minilft. This procedure will help your jowl, cheek, and temple areas (the areas that you suggested you would like to see improved). The recovery is less than with say a facelift and will give you excellent results.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon