Which Type of Tummy Tuck Procedure Would Be Best for Me? (photo)

I am 25 years old 4'11 and 125lbs. I have had 2 c-sections, the 1st was in 2007 and the 2nd in August 2011. So I am 4.5 months post-partum. I have lost the weight and back into my size 6 jeans Yah!! However my tummy is way more wrinkly and flabby this time. So which procedure do you think I would benefit most from?

Best Tummy Tuck Option

+1

Upon reviewing your pictures, you would be an excellent candidate for a "full abdominoplasty" procedure.  There are three components to how I perform abdominoplasty's: 1. Remove excess skin  2. Repair the muscles--the muscles will be tightened up again and 3. a slight bit of liposuction on upper abdomen and waist. I think you will get a beautiful result.

What is best type of tummy tuck for your appearance

+1

You would be a candidate for a full tummy tuck, likely with fascial plication.  You would likely benefit from aggressive liposculpture simultaneously.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Full tummy tuck most of the time

+1

From the pictures you included, I think it is more likely than not, that you would be happier with a full tummy tuck. Make your final decision after a full consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

I wish you well.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

A standard Tummy Tuck looks like the best solution for you.

+1

I sounds like you are fairly happy with your weight but are unhappy with your belly. You currently have excess fat thickness on your abdomen and around your flanks as well as looseness of the skin and underlying muscle. For the best results I would encourage you to keep working at your fitness level until you have achieved your goals for fitness. You have made some great progress that you should be proud of but your body is still capable of further change. With a little more fat loss you could eliminate the need for liposuction at the time of your tummy tuck. This additional time and effort will also allow your skin and body to further adjust after your last pregnancy.

A mini-abdominoplasty would only lessen the lower abdominal laxity while still needing a scar from hip to hip.

You deserve the best and the safest outcome. Find the time and support to be in great physical shape before you have your tummy tuck and you will never regret it. If you feel that you are already at your best then liposuction of the hips, flanks and upper abdomen combined with a standard tummy tuck would be advised.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck v. Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

A Mini Tummy Tuck is not as tight as a full tummy tuck and does nothing for the area above the belly button. A full tummy tuck also tightens adjacent aresa such as the wistlins and upper thighs. From your photograph it appears as though you could have a mini tummy tuck , but I think you would be settling for a result that is not as good as a full abdominoplasty.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Full tummy tuck to improve the appearance of the abdomen

+1

Your photos indicate that laxity involves the entire abdominal wall; that is, both above and below the belly button. Therefore, only a full tummy tuck would provide you full treatment and rejuvenation of your abdomen (versus a mini-tummy tuck). An examination would be needed to definitively confirm this as well as determine whether or not you could also benefit from liposuction

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Best Tummy Tuck for You!

+1

I agree with all of the answers on this subject.  You will need a full tummy tuck.  

Do you see how there is some sagging skin above the belly button?  

This is how you know that the entire abdomen needs to be tightened and this means you will have a new belly button.  By doing this you will have a flat, beautiful abdomen for life.  Wearing clothes after you heal is such a thrill because you have nothing to try to push in or hide.

I highly recommend a tummy tuck for you.  There is no amount of workout at the gym that will be able to tighten your skin back to a flat tummy especially after the C-sections you have had.

Best of luck to you

Robert B. Winslow, MD (in memoriam)
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

What type of tummy tuck would be best for me?

+1

You have laxity of the full abdomen, that is, of both lower and upper (above the belly button) tummy, and you would therefore need a full tummy tuck for the best result.  Anything less than that would be disappointing.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy

+1

After having children, after losing the weight of pregnancy, most women can benefit from a standard tummy tuck and some liposuction of the flanks and upper abdomen.  Unfortunately, you can burn off the extra weight with exercise but the changes to the skin and muscles done by stretching can only be addressed by a standard tummy tuck.   

Based on the photos that are included, that is what I would also recommend for you.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Only a full tummy tuck with muscle repair (and possibly some hip liposuction) will give you the result you seek!

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss after 2 pregnancies! I assume you are done having babies and want to do the operation that will give you the best cosmetic result. Since you have a fair amount of loose skin that appears (from your photographs; examination in person is always better) to be localized to the front of the abdomen, only a full tummy tuck with muscle repair (rectus sheath plication) will satisfactorily remove the loose skin and fat below AND above your belly button. A mini-tuck or mini plus lipo will NOT yield the best result, so don't fall prey to someone who promises "more" result for "less" cost or incisions!

Your hip rolls (lower flank areas) may also benefit from liposuction at the same operation; again, a direct examination will tell. Seek consultations with one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who do lots of tummy tucks, not some "cosmetic surgeon" with bogus board certification! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon