Best Procedure for Flabby Belly

I have battled with a flabby belly for years - I am 5'6", 155 lbs 31" waist, 41" hips. I am looking for a non or minimally invasive procedure to help. I recently went to a local dermatologist for a Zeltiq consult and he said I was not a candidate, that although there was some adipose tissue the skin was too lax for Zeltiq, he recommended a tummy tuck, Are there other options? I'm not trying to be model perfect, I'd just like to loose a few inches...

Best Procedure for Flabby Belly

+1
Diet and exercise are the best non-invasive treatments to reduce abdominal size.  Since you seem to describe very little fat and much more loose skin issues, then the recommendation would be to look at a tummy tuck procedure.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Treatment of "flabby belly."

+1
Without excess fat but with excess skin, the only option is a tummy tuck. Unfortunately, there is no lesser procedure that can reduce excess skin.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

The non invasive way to lose a few inches

+1

The tummy tuck of course would be the recommended procedure. There is very little in the way of 'non invasive' offerings which will reduce your abdomen by a few inches. 'The' non invasive approach is diet and exercise. You can look better, and feel better to boot.

peterejohnsonmd

Best Procedure for Flabby Belly

+1

If your derm recommended a TT why would you question this advise. Your derm gains nothing from  referring you away. He sounds ethical to me. Listen to that advise. From MIAMI 

Best procedure for flabby belly

+1

The dermatologist gave you the right advise. If you already have loose abdominal skin, liposuction will make this worse. Don't let be talked into laser lipo for skin tightening, since this has limited effect on flabby skin. A tummy tuck will give you the best contour possible (maybe close to a model). See a board ceretified plastic surgeon for a thorough consultation. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Flabby belly best procedure

+1

If you have excess fat with reasonable skin tone liposuction can provide improvement. If, on the other hand, you have significant  laxity with sagging skin, tummy tuck is the only procedure that will give you a good result.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Loose tummies need a tummy tuck or nothing

+1

The ONLY reasonable technique for most patients who have loose tummies is a tummy tuck.  No non-surgical technology works and liposuction also isn't appropriate for the loose abdomen.  Of course a proper exam by a real plastic surgeon is required here and this is not to be taken as a consultation for you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS